Fibromyalgia, pregnancy and relaxin hormone

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia, pregnancy and relaxin hormone

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Afternoon ladies,

I have an odd question I think I might have to put to my GP. I am 6 weeks pregnant and have not felt better fibro wise in a long time, until last week. This week, I have had a lot of pain in my groin and hips. It feels like menstrual cramps, which then goes down in to my thighs, but this has become a lot worse over the course of yesterday and today. The pain is mainly in my hips now.

I was moping a small spill up at work with some paper towel, and I pushed it along with my foot, to save me bending, but the pain started shooting through my hip down to my knee. And now as I type this, my left shoulder, which is normally the 'good' one is starting to hurt. It is almost like I have stretched them too far.

Does anyone else have experience of this problem, or know if the relaxin hormone affects us differently? I am pretty certain I am going to have to see my GP about it before I go to the midwife on 28th Jan. I am not currently medicated but feel like I may need something if they can give it me. I dread to think how I am going to feel in a 6 months!

Thanks,
Jem x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyalgia, pregnancy and relaxin hormone

Postby nkats mum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Is this ur first pregnancy Jemma
nkats mum
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Yes it is my first. We fell pregnant very easily. 10 weeks from last pill to positive pregnancy test. I think I am just being my usual self, worrying about it all!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 pm

I would speak to your GP congratulations on your news :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1980 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi jemma :) congratulations on your 1st pregnancy errk exciting try and not worry mmm I know easy said then done...

ive only just been dx with fm but I think ive had it for years I have 3 gorgeous children 3y+4m 2y+6m and 3months old yes im mad anyway...my 1st pregnancy was really good I work part time so I could take it easy go to bed when I wonted yes I had days thst I was as rough as a u know what bath 5pm tea at 6pm some tv then bed for 8pm ish good routine dont left anything even if you think u can dont ... I had SPD and SI joint Problems in all of my pregnancy it can be very painful I end up on crutches with my last baby Not easy with 2 little ones ; ( but ive said this to lots of peaple I felt better when I was with child lol hope u feel better soon and take it very easy infact put your feet up hehe thats if you can xxxx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. Today the pain seems more bearable. I think I will be able to wait a few weeks until I see the midwife. Hopefully she can advise on some help. I slept with a triangular pillow behind me last night with a little pillow between my knees and that seems to have helped. I will continue with this until it starts to hinder. I am sure it will!
Thanks again! x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes congrats , yes it's easy to pull or hurt yourself very easy when pregnant ,dew to the very hormone you talk about,and as it's your first time you will notice everything that's happening with your body,ture fact everyday of your pregnancy it like running a full marathon ,everything moving about making room for baby ,so try to slow down abit , of course talk to your midwife or dr if your not happy no point sitting there worrying.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:00 pm

The pain you describe does sound a lot like SPD. I had this with my son who is now 9 months. Might be worth a quick trip to the docs as the earlier they diagnose spd the sooner they can do some physio which helps a lot. Congratulation by the way xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 am

Hi me again sorry i was as high as a kite ;/ when I was on last time (new medication) I meant to say it could be spd anyway sound like you have it sorted kinda with the pillows ;))) there isnt much can be done but its good to tell your mw take care xxx
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby reenielou » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 am

Hello congrats on ur 1st lil bubba i had all these pains with my last child that is my 4th doc said i had spd i endend up on crutches but what i found help a bit was a support belt as i put preasure to pull hips 2gether, i noticed you slept with a triangle pillow my advive would be is get the fullest pillows you can mem foam 1s are so good and support ur hips and legs also raise your ankle mite sound silly but it really does help and hot water bottles i really hopes this helps you.

I have also been tld i have fm and prob had it for past 7 years so dont think this helped but maybe if i knew when i was carrying my daughter there might off been alot more i could have done x
reenielou
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia