No one can tell you

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No one can tell you

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am

Hello all,
Now while I'm no dr or someone who runs or even works on this site ,I'd like to say the following .
Like many ppl who have been told by there dr they may have fibro,one of the first things you do is race to a site like this.
We all do it and we all ask the same . Do I have fibro.
Thing is sadly no one here can tell you that. Even if we were all dr and nurses no one can tell you what you have on a computer .
What we can do however is make u feel welcome and no so alone .
Everyone of us here had to go though the waiting game ,trips to the dr and hospital.it can take months or even years, but I must say it better known now,if you think you have it tell your dr what you think don't be shy your the one who's suffering .
And if your dr is not helpful go ask to be referred to someone who is.
And remember we're all here for you while you wait xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: No one can tell you

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Painprincess, you are so right. We can't say to someone, yes! you have fibro.

With all the info on web sites it is so easy to click that mouse and have all the answers. We think we have the answers. The problem is we can get into the habit of self diagnosing.

I bet we all at some point has gone looking for an answer to symptoms. We type in those symptoms and up comes a site that describes us perfectly. Yeah! we have an answer, we have illness A

But wait! Lets just have a look at another site. Oh no! I also have illness B
This is the problem, We all know. We all have done it.

The computer is a wonderful item but it can't touch, listen to or sense how people feel. We need to go to DR and be properly diagnosed.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:25 pm

This question comes up many times a week and even tho we cannot answer the question we can advise and support you whilst your in limbo.

We understand that waiting around anxiously for answers is very stressfull and we will answer as much as we can.

The problem is , is that many illnesses mimick that of fibro and until all tests and examinations are done by a professional you will not 100% now although you may feel your symptoms match that of FM
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

When I worked in a clinic it was usually the young men who had been checking the internet and some of the conditions they thought they had :nono: :nono: :nono:
And guess who does the same yes me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Voyager » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I have only just joined this site and posted a hello.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago, having had years of trips to the dr for various pain in different parts of my body and as you all know the constant feeling tired and inability to get a good nights sleep.
I worry that the only way I can manage the pain is to do one to one machine Pilates each week, along with physio and massage and gentle stretching each day - not over doing things. This costs a fortune. Even then I can't guarantee the pain will ease.
I would love to know anything that others have discovered to ease the pain or at least get a decent night's sleep.
Voyager
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia