I'm really struggling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm really struggling

Postby PhoebeCat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all.

I have been struggling now for over two years with what I call my "dizzy head" I call it that because I dont really know how to discribe it to anyone, not even the doctor. It feels like a build up of pressure, I cant see properly, I feel dizzy ( like vertigo) I feel anxious and stressed at the same time. When I am like this, I cant function, I just want to sit and keep my head still. I can be like this for hours at a time and every day. On paper, these symptoms dont sound much but when you put them all together and are the one that is suffering from them, its a big deal.

Its getting now that I am struggling more and more and I'm virtually in tears, constantly. I am not coping and I dont think I can take much more of it. Does anyone else suffer with the same and how do you cope with it? I have tried to describe things to the doctor but he has just given me tablets that can cause dizziness which defeats things. I am struggling to cope with basic every day things.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Re: I'm really struggling

Postby redhead77 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi, I know how yr feeling honey. Im surviving on 3-4 hours of sleep a night added with the dizzy head it's almost unbearable. Trying to describe it is almost impossible. I cant offer any advice but yr not on yr own :-( xxx
redhead77
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazza65 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi....

After reading you post i'm really struggling at the moment my back is killing to the point it killing me to even move in the chair. When i sit down it hurts, when i lay down my leg to which ever side i lay on throbs like mad.. Also i not sleeping at all even with the amitriplyne at 40mg at night.

i have got to the point were i can't cope and are going to have to go back to the doctors to see if i can alter any of my tablets.. at the moment i'm on Pregabalin at 200mg three times a day the MST continuous at 15 mg morning and 15 mg lunch time and 30 mg at night and then amitriplyne 40mg at night. plus i have got Oramorph for as and when i've needed it but these last few day i've been taking it 4 time a day for the pain/
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 pm

I have something similar Phoebe, but mine are migraine~related. I was initially put meds to try and deal with the dizzyness, but didn't respond to them, if anything they made me feel even worse. It was only after being sent for repeat balance tests, because I was initially dx'd and treated for Meniere's Disease which also has very similar symptoms, and being seen by the audiologist who saw me for the first set of tests did things get moving in a more suitable direction.

It might be worth asking your GP about the possibility of it being migraine related as there are several types of the condition, some with aura, some with out etc. This Linky has info about the various types. You could also ask about the possibility of Meniere's Disease. This Linky has more info about the condition. If it is possible, try keeping a diary for a while, as this can be of help with determining the cause of problems.

I hope things start to improve for you soon as feeling like you are at the moment is absolutely :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :scream-1: :scream-1: :waiting: :waiting:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby zappa20 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Have you been checked for anaemia? This can sometimes cause the type of pressure headache you describe, as well as the dizziness. It is one of the symptoms I hate most about it.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Zappo 20, I have had blood tests for all sorts of things but whether anaemia was one of them, I'm not too sure although in the past, I have always had a high iron count, so I doubt it could be that.

FluffyPuppy, I am back at the doctors on Monday and seeing a different GP this time to see if he can help me out. I really hope something can be done because the pain and fatigue I can live with but the "dizzy heads" are just impossible to carry on with.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia