Trying to work through it?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trying to work through it?

Postby Shazzy3004 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Have been feeling ill with fibro since just after christmas. Had the works, the feeling cold and can't get warm, shivering and goosebumps on arms and legs, then too hot once in bed, waking up with headache and it being constant through the day, feeling like I have the flu as so sore I can't handle my skin being touched, restless legs.

Have been trying to just muscle on through with it by keeping doing housework, going to work and walking the dog etc. this morning nearly passed out in the shower and had diarrhoea a few times today so had to come back from work. I hate giving into this and feel as if I should just pick myself up and carry on. Anyone else felt like this and how long before it started wearing off and you started to feel better. I have only been diagnosed with this in the last two months but had pain for years and digestive problems which was put down to wear and tear.

Anyone any ideas of how I can get a bit better?.

Thanks Sharon :(
Shazzy3004
UKFM Newbie

Re: Trying to work through it?

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Sharon, I am sorry you are not feeling well today.

I think That most of us have felt the way you do. Everyone is different and we all experience things in our own way. As far as timing, nobody has that answer, sorry.

I wonder if with the weakness and diarrhoea if you don't have a flu bug.

look after yourself, rest.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi
I know how u feel. I just try and work through it too. Ithink we have too but make sure u rest wen u can. I am lucky cause I work part-time and
term time. I dont know I wud manage otherwise cause I need a lot of rest at wnds and hols. Try and b kind to yourself :-D v
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:56 pm

I think maybe you have picked up a bug, there seem to be loads around at the moment. its probably brought on a flare, which is when you need to rest up whenever you can until things get a bit better. Dont feel guilty about work, your colleagues wont thank you for passing on a bug. Dont let things get you into a fibble just relax till you feel better :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 am

I've been like that for 10 days, and my OH (who is very healthy and def does not have FM) was like that before Xmas. It may well be a bug. *fingers crossed* and PS - I've tried to work through it and ended up sleeping 15 hours a day instead, and my FM is a mild one
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia