insane blood pressure but docs not worried??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

insane blood pressure but docs not worried??

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 pm

went to the hospital today, to try and get this hyperhidrosis under control. got new tablets, propantheline bromide, and in the process of discussing things ect, the doc took my blood pressure. it came out as 153/103 with a heartrate of 132! :yikes: i know all about white-coat blood pressure but i was sitting still, calm and quiet for 30-40 minutes! the doc looked at it and went hmmmm. should i go to my gp about it or not? i mean, if it was that bad he would have said something, right? :-?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: insane blood pressure but docs not worried??

Postby Spange » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:29 pm

You may find he will write a letter to your GP for follow up blood pressure tests. In any event, I would go to see the GP to get it checked again and let them monitor it. I've been having blood pressure issues and have finally got it down but am now on medication for life. High blood pressure readings should not be ignored xx
Spange
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 pm

My bp readings have been roughly the same over the last year or so, yet again I have had to change medication to a higher strength, was off work for a week over Christmas because was extremely high. I asked the doctor if I was at risk of a heart attack or stroke with it being so high, he said NO!!! This I found strange but he didn't seem that overly concerned and just told me to go back prior to the new pack runs out, a week of starting them it was still as high and when I went to the nurse for blood tests for something else I said to her that my bp is still reading high, she said it would be as tabs needs a few weeks to work..

If I was you I would go to your doctor so they can monitor it regularly and medicate you if necessary...Let us know how you get on..Take care..
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:15 pm

I agree go and talk about it with your doc as you will only get into a fibble worrying over it and that will lead to it getting worse. Best to just let him put your mind at rest :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tel1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi There......Saw your little post about your blood pressure:) I have those kind of readings as well :yikes:
although mine have been higher than yours when I have been in hospital for a test, or when I have been in
A&E....normally mine is about 129 over 85 pulse about 64. but I have had readings of 212 over 118 before
but when I have calmed down inside it usually goes back down again... the trouble with all this blood pressure
lark is...that a doctor can take it and it can be within the normal range, then after you have left the doctors
or hospital it can go sky high again, but the trouble is none of us know that it has changed or not....
What I would say you should do is.... ask for a 24 hour blood pressure machine to fitted to you so they can get the
readings and then download them to look... that what they did with me and mine was alright thank god:))
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby raindaisyflower » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Im glad i read this post , i had a pre op assessment, and for the first time on my life , my blood pressure was sky high,

the nurse was really concerned and said if it was this high they would not operate. the consultant asked me to make an appointment with gp asap.

i did and she took it and it was up still, she put me on water tablets and said they would bring it down slowly...I was under stress at the time, I was dx with FM on the 8 may, OH had heart surgery on 16th May and my op on bladder was happening on the 5 june...and i was angry as we are hit with bedroom tax and at war with the council....but by the date of the op, the bp was safe to do surgery. :-D

I have been back to gp since and she has agreed to review my BP ..as I was concerned water tablets were taken away minerals..she said she is going to review it from scratch...i might suggest a 24 hour thing as I am getting a lot of headaches which are new.
raindaisyflower
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia