i need help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: i need help

Postby maxinevalentina » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you really help being on here my family r being great but it's not the same they don't really understand it plus I'm the one that looks after them. Iv had a hard time and always managed to pick my self up and get on with my life .
Nothing has ever come easy iv always pushed on and achieved great things .
Really appreciate everything everyone has said u all have been so helpful
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:45 pm

If you can keep your positive attitude it will be one of your best tools in controlling fibro.

Remember, you can laugh and cry at the same time. Lorraine xx
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Maxine,

you are doing great

:grouphug:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby bandj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:23 am

Hi there, i'm newly diagnosed too although I suspected it for a while. I read books from the library and went online looking for info too. If your gp will give you med certs, get a claim in for employment and support allowance. If he won't, ask to speak to the disability advisor at the jobcentre. Go to the government website, I think it's gov.uk but if you Google employment and support allowance it should bring itup.finding this site has been great for me. I'm not alone! But do try to relax because stress tightens muscles which increase s pain. I take amitriptyline to help me sleep and most nights it works well but, tonight, ky mind is like a hamster on a wheel! Be careful with pain relief drugs, it can take a while to find one that suits. I'm very sensitive to drugs so a lot of usual medication is out for me.keep your chin up and keep on asking your gp for help. Change gp if necessary. Whatever happens, I wish you well.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia