Throat problems

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Throat problems

Postby Stu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 pm

I have had fibromyalgia for about 3 years, and I have had a problem with my throat. It seems like there is always something in my throat and that I need to keep clearing it. Sometimes it seems like that my throat is twice the size it should be ( I know that it is just the normal size ) and it is driving me insane. Can anyone give advise and has anyone else had the same problem.?
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Re: Throat problems

Postby Diane64 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Yea I have the same problem (on and off) when I first got it I asked the dentist if he could see anything as felt something was stuck and I couldn't swallow it..ive got It right now, it comes and goes and I read somewhere that its one of crazy side effects of fibro so now don't worry too much about it as annoying as it is..
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 am

I sometimes feel like that when eating. I just can't get the food down x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby sue1962 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 am

just reading your post about when your swallowing food, im sometimes like that didnt realise it was a symptom of fibro, and i was diagnosed back in 1994
sue1962
UKFM Newbie

Postby Diane64 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:50 am

Hi, Sue if you google it there are loads of info re fibro and difficulty swallowing..or feeling of something in throat..i don't have any problems swallowing food, it just feels like something is stuck there and a strange feeling..
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 am

Stu, if you have not seen a Dr about this then please get it checked.

There are other conditions that have this symptom.

Do not assume everything is fibro. I have done before only to find out that it was something quite different.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Stu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 am

Thanks guys for your posts on my throat problems. Stu.
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:58 am

One of my first symtoms was severe neck pain and stiffness but also this feeling of being choked all the time like i had something stuck down my throat. I had to lay in certain postions to sleep as felt like my throat was closing up.

Before diagnoses this was and the GP got me to take around 3/4 lots of antibiotics thinking it may be an infection.

Anyways this was going on for months and months which triggered off severe anxiety and panic.

Was only when i see a physio who started to release the tension/stiffness around my neck and front of my neck that it all started to ease.

Now cut to today... i was diagnosed with TMJ also and wear a mouthguard. This mouthgaurd added to physio helps keep it at bay.

I would say like myself its possible muscle tension around the throat/neck and to also see the dentist as well as GP and mention TMJ as its a very common associated condition
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby tonydin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:36 pm

h i i am the same as lisa more or less , when my neck gets bad it feels like throte closeing up had mri of neck and throte tissue, and bariam meal swollow x ray , as well as camra down throte which found nothing bad but i atill worry when it starts :yikes:
and its been 10 years now

i would get it checked properly if i were you as although it seems common with fibro it couls also be something more seroious

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Stu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:08 pm

I will get it checked out ASAP. Glad I found this site and thank you guys for all your posts. Stu
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 pm

I am glad you are getting it checked. :fingerscrossed:
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Stu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi guys. The one thing I am still not sure of with fibromyalgia is what to eat and what to avoid, as anyone got any suggestions :idea:
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 pm

I really don't think that there are foods to avoid or embrace. We may have other conditions that can cause us to eat differently. This should not be confused with having fibro. If you find food bothers you, talk to your Dr. It is likely something other than fibro.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Stu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Thanks for the info whoami. :-D
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Re: Working with fibromyalgia

Postby Stu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm

I have heard in the past that people with fibromyalgia are unable to work. What does everyone think of this. Regards. Stu
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia