Throat problems

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Throat problems

Postby whoami » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Stu....Having fibro doesn't always mean that you can no longer work.

Some people can manage their fibro and continue to work, others are not.

Some people have other illnesses that along with fibro make it very hard for them to work.

What makes you ask?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby carlz25 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 pm

I work. Couldn't be without it, it's like my me time away from home and family life.
Fibro will literally have to take me off my feet, or get me sacked before I'd take on the stress of trying to get on benefits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:56 am

Hi, I get a really sore and inflamed throat with swelling of the glands. The consultant said its a fibro symptom and nothing can be done as I can't take antibiotics or penicillin. It flares up and down. As to working with fibro, I work 25 hours a week and care for my hubby as he has multiple health conditions. Life is great if you don't weaken!!! :crazy:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Scoot70 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Just a thought: have you had your thyroid checked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoot70
UKFM Newbie

Postby tonydin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:18 pm

stu ref working its all in the head :lol: :lol: if you can put the pain to one side in your mind and live with it you can do what you want mate , it wont hurt no more to work , than to sit around all the time

but you must pace every thing so idepends on the work eate requiref
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Re: Working with fibromyalgia

Postby Stu » Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Stu wrote:I have heard in the past that people with fibromyalgia are unable to work. What does everyone think of this. Regards. Stu
Stu
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Stu why have you quoted your post from 16th January??? There had been a few replies in response to the question when you first made it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Glenda » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:34 pm

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5years ago and I have not as yet come to terms with the pain it causes.
I've tried acupuncture, relaxation and numerous pills, but when I have a "flare up" it is so painful and lasts so long, I think it's never going away. This time, I'm now in my 5th week of all over pain. This time it's my neck and throat causing the most trouble. My GP says there's nothing wrong with my neck, but the pain persists. It goes up into my chin and face. My lips are dry and I generally feel like staying in bed till it goes! I'm sure there are others out there just as bad and that is what makes me get up and try to keep going.
Glenda
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Fibro affects people in different ways, I still work albeit slightly less hours than I used to I do 24.5 hours a week instead of the 27.5 that I used to, both my schools are very good at trying to help keep me there, I was able to change schools to ones that can accommodate my needs better than the one i was at, now I do 5 lunch times where i can sit and supervise if i feel the need and i only do one playtime a week and 2 lunchtimes out side where i cant sit if im tired, as opposed to 5 playtimes and 5 lunchtimes where i couldn't sit at all.
galio
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia