Struggling still :0(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Struggling still :0(

Postby marknico » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 am

Hi all and a happy new year to you :0)
Ok its been awhile since my last post, I still haven`t been diagnosed with Fibro as doc seems reluctant to acknowledge it still :0(
My main symptoms are chest pains - arms pains - neck pains but also off late a really bad metallic taste in my mouth which seems worse when the pains are present not sure if its a symptom or side effects from the medication im on which is citalopram 20mg and nortriptyline 25 mg ?

I can cope with most things it just the chest pains what concern me and also feels like my pulse is stronger than normal and I have to lye down to ease it off - my stomach constantly makes strange noises - gurgling ect its just getting me so down - nothing seems to help :0( Get fed up of doc saying its all in my head and anxiety related - doc says take more exercise but when I do this I end up worse just think sometimes if this is what ive got for the rest of my life is it worth living ?

Doc has organised a mri scan of my neck for some reason so I ll let you know if that turns anything up ? Just want a normal life again fed up of constantly being in pain and feeling crap - any thoughts - anyone have similar symptoms ?

Ive had my heart checked and they say that's all fine - so I can`t work out whats causing the chest pains - not sure if its a stomach issue but ive had tests done and taking lansoprazole hasn`t helped so at my wits end with it all :0(
marknico
UKFM Newbie

Re: Struggling still :0(

Postby Karou » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 am

Hi,

Sorry you're still struggling and aren't sure what's causing the symptoms.

There is a condition called costochondritis. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Costochondritis.htm It can be really painful. Might be worth asking your doctor about it.

My stomach usually makes noises when I eat something I shouldn't have. Shortly after my painful IBS symptoms follow and remind me that yes, crumpets are delicious, but next time get the wheat-free version. :-|

Have you checked the side effects for the medication you're taking? Some tablets can make you feel your heartbeat.

I hope you'll get some answers soon and good luck for your scan. :-)
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:40 am

Sorry Marknico have you checked the side effects of your meds as it may say there whether or not a metallic taste is one, I am on citalopram and have been for years, I have not had this symptom but thats not to say others havent.

If the chest pains have been checked out then you should relax a bit as you know there is not a problem in that area. Maybe try a relaxation CD when the problems are really bad. The MRI will show up any problems with your neck and cervical spine which might be causing some of your pain :fingerscrossed: it will be clear
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Carphil » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:52 am

Hi,
Sorry you are going through another tough time at the moment.
I am on the same meds as you mentioned and haven't had the symptoms as you are having but that's not to say some do. In fact no symptoms with these two drugs which makes a change for me!
Check with either your GP or ring your chemist and have a word with them. They are great for knowing everything about the drugs they dispense. Sorry I cat help any more and hope you get it sorted out really soon.
Carphil
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 am

Is there another gp in your practice you can see?
I was back and forward for 4years to my gp, just happened that one day the pain got so bad I requested a doc to ring me back. It was the female doc in the surgery.
She asked me to come up and see her, she examined me, read my notes and diagnosed me straight away. Said she couldn't understand why it had never been suggested to me before.
Since then I've seen my own gp again and his words to me were I don't like to tell people they have fibro, because you say that in one breath then in the next say sorry but there's not much we can do about it.
So he left me in agony for years because of that. I now only make appointments for female xx
Big hugs and hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am

The symptoms you are describing are the same I have due to trouble with a stomach ulcer and acid reflux. I know it seems strange to get pains in your chest and arms due to stomach problems , but believe me its true, and can resemble the symptoms of a heart attack.
You may want to mention this to your doctor who can prescribe the triple medication treatment first of all to treat pylori h, which can be the cause of stomach ulcers, and you may need to be on long term treatment for acid reflux such as Ompazole.
With myself I have to be careful not to do anything which requires strenuous bending or reaching or the symptoms get worse, and another ulcer can occur, and also be careful what I eat. Fizzy drinks of any kind are an absolute no no.
I hope this helps. Please let me know.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby LynnyG » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Carphil.I have fibro and I also have the chest pain and lower rib pain, it was diagnosed as costochondritis, it is extremely painful! I sometimes get a metalic taste in my mouth and I put this done to acid reflux and take omeprazole for this
LynnyG
UKFM Newbie

!

Postby Monty99 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:12 am

I so feel for you….waiting for a diagnosis is timely and agonising but you must be diagnosed correctly otherwise your symptoms may be medicated incorrectly. I had 4 MRIs, deep tissue MRI, 2 X-rays, 4 bouts of trigger point injections, acupuncture, physiotherapy and many doctors/consultants appointment before I was diagnosed. So all I can say is hang in there, I did get diagnosed correctly and with some lifestyle changes, the correct medication and plenty of sleep I can mostly carry on my life. Yes there are days that I just have to stop and rest but those are few and far between now although the cold damp weather does not help
Monty99
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia