Stupid stupid stupid me

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stupid stupid stupid me

Postby Bellatr1x » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 am

Ok so I haven't got any better, I've had a few bad days here and there but it seemed to have levelled out. I've sort of gotten used to the idea of being in constant pain and I've been pacing myself especially as last week I packed up my entire house with two young children in tow and moved 170+ miles north. And I didn't die yay. However my daughters new preschool is 1.5 miles from where I am living so I decided to walk both drop off and pick up so 6 miles /3 hours in total pushing a double pushchair and now I can't move at all. On the way home my hip gave out and stepping up and down is such a struggle , I've even had to employ my walking stick again. I'm in agony!! I've taken tramadol codeine paracetamol had hot bath and the pain is crippling . Won't be doing that again ouch!!!!
Bellatr1x
UKFM Member

Re: Stupid stupid stupid me

Postby denys » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 am

Oh my word, no wonder you are in pain even without fibro that would have been punishing, I would think you are going to stiffen up tomorrow so would advise you to try to keep moving gently around.

Its good you have come to accept the condition and brilliant that you managed to move without causing you too many problems. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things settle back down for you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby libbiek30 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 am

Hi
That is normal with fibro we try one activity and r ok so think we will try more and wham it is back! Me and my hubby went for a walk locally and got lost. I try to walk wen I can and can manage up to an hour sometimes. But by the time we found the cafe we were aiming for Iit had been an hour and I had to walk back. Even after a rest and drink it nearly killed me my hubby neay had to carry me I was in agony! So u see we all do it and we learn what r bodies will allow us to do. I always find a warm bath helps . :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

No not stupid that was your fibro head, last week I went to a pain clinic,the next day I went shopping ,for cushions,i felt good, could not find what I wanted so done my round of shops,no cushions,car at the other side of car park,walked slowly to it,drove home,pain from head to toe,no sleep that night,but you know what,i felt good that I had tried to find my cushions my self,for such a long time I have had to have someone with me,so I tried to think of that while swallowing the tabs.been to clinic today so I will do as I am told, and take it slowly,lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby Bellatr1x » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

All part of our fighting spirit! I always think right let's crack on knowing full well I'm gojng to suffer later but I'd rather accomplish things now, sounds silly but you are a long time dead. Xx
Bellatr1x
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia