Lots os sleep!!!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lots os sleep!!!!!

Postby Tigereyes » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I have had fibro for al least 10 years but only got diagnosed 5 years ago. Does anyone else find that if they do to much that they will sleep night and day for between 2 to 5 days almost constantly as I do. My Husband of 22 years died beside me in bed on 10/10/13 I had been in bed from the Saturday to the Thursday sleeping and I cant remember the time in between. It was a sudden death and they still don't know why he died. Fibro robbed me of spending my husbands last few days together with me awake!!!!! :(
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Re: Lots os sleep!!!!!

Postby Monty99 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Oh my heart goes out to you, to be robbed of the time with your husband is a dreadful thing. Keep your chin up and try to find a bright side……
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Oh Good Lord! You poor thing. I can't imagine how horrendous your experience has been. My condolences.

But yes, sometimes no amount of sleep is enough. I have spells of insomnia with my FM which just makes life a nightmare roller-coaster of exhaustion and falling asleep in an instant and then waking moments later with leaping, twitching limbs. When I eventually do get to sleep I sleep the clock round. I then get annoyed that I've slept days away and seem to be wasting my life.

Unfortunately, you are not alone in losing your loved one while asleep. A good friend, who does not have FM, found her husband had died in the night. It isn't any solace for you but just so you know you are not alone.

Light & Blessings.
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Tigereyes......I am sorry that you lost your husband.

I can't even start to imagine how you must feel. I can only think of how at peace your husband must have been knowing that you were beside him when he went to bed that night. Being ill or not, you were right there with him.
I hope that you will find, Peace to your Heart. Lorraine x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tigereyes » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I want to thank the people that answered me and put my mind at rest. Fibro does make me sleep the days and nights away but I also have bouts of insomnia where I fall asleep and keep waking up.
You are right when my husband died I was beside him and he knew I was not in pain cause I was sleeping.
What is strange I don't usually sleep in the bed I sleep downstairs on the sofa and not with him cause if he touched wrongly in the night by mistake it could be agony. At the time of his death I was glad that I was with him and he went peacefully in his sleep.
He was disabled himself with heart problems etc. but he was my rock and we helped each other, whoever felt the best at the time would help the other. He had a great sense of humour and would make me laugh when the fibro would get me down, miss him loads :cry:
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear what happened with your husband when it was time for him to go back to the angels :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I too can't begin to imagine what it was like for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Altho he is no longer with you physically, he will be looking down and watching over you still :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

For me, no matter how much I do, I'm still plagued with insomnia :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's been like that for me for almost 14 years. Once in a while I do manage to get more than 2~3 hours in a night, but I've not experienced bouts where I sleep days and nights away.

Now you've found our little sanctuary and become part of our FibroFamily, hopefully you'll find that we're somewhere you can come to for support and understanding when you need it, as well as a source of info and advice. We even manage to have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and :lol: :lol: :lol: when we're up to it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Tigereyes, I can't tell you I know how you feel, I don't.

I can't say your pain will go away, I don't have the answer.

I would like to say that I think the way you are talking about how you and your husband shared each others pain, encouraged each other and made each other laugh through it all is such a wonderful thing. Remembering those times and sharing them with others must give you such strength. I believe you miss him loads. :blowkiss:

Have you and your Dr got a plan for treating your fibro symptoms? Has he offered any sleeping medications? I would think because of all that has happened your sleep pattern will be nil. Talk to your Dr about visiting a sleep clinic. Once your sleep pattern can be reasonably controlled it will help with the pain and being able to treat the pain. Not take it away but make you be comfortable.

:hugs: Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tigereyes » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 pm

I have had lots of kind posts and good advice. I have meds for the pain, sleep problems, depression, just about everything but nothing much helps. I think just talking to people that understand and know what I am suffering with fibro has helped a lot.
I was very lucky to have my husband and I thank god I found him, I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my prince :-)
I am lucky I have 6 children who help me loads especially when I cant get out or do much.
I am also going to join my local support group and hopefully if I can will attend their next meeting.
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia