wow just getting over my first fibro flare :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wow just getting over my first fibro flare :(

Postby lala1980 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi all hope ur all well ? Just spent the last 3 days in bed tslowabot knocked out (I had a very heavy and painful period) ive not had one for a while so thats what I think has triggered and had a stressful weekend ect ...im now scared of the next one I think I consider that one a mild one cos it only took a few day it was horrible I couldn't left my head without shooting pains all over and all I could was sleep... my whole body is very slow and sore sorry if this doesnt make much sense im having trouble finding my cup of tea ha great ta for reading x
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Re: wow just getting over my first fibro flare :(

Postby LibbyWick » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Don't go fretting and stressing over the next one, it will only slow your recovery. Enjoy the better days. Don't try to do too much.
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm currently trying to deal with a flare up that seems to be getting worse each day. As soon as I start to feel better i do something normal and bam.

Currently trying to find sanctuary in a hot bath (topped up 3 times) its the only thing that I find helps. That and then padding myself with pillows on the sofa.

I wish you all the very best. I completely get you being worried about your next flare up. I'm worried that this won't stop. And then I know if it does have will worry that when it happens again will it be worse than this time or longer. Stupid brain. Gotta get my head in gear to stop the vicious cycle.

Good luck x Lisa x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby madmaxine » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:42 pm

You have my sympathy I used to have very heavy periods that made me anaemic & wiped me out completely I was constantly tired and it got worse just before my period I didn't have a life as I was fatigued most of the time I'm now on an injection to put me through the menopause so at least I have some kind of life I am at this moment also having a flare up I can't get comfy no matter what I do but I do try everything such as hot water bottle keeping warm hot baths surrounding myself with pillows and I now have a new symptom to deal with noise sensitivity where loud noises hurts my head badly & makes me feel sick its horrible I hate feeling like this not good but at least I'm alive :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
madmaxine
UKFM Newbie

Postby loverliesgal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Im sorry you are having such a bad flare up. At least ten years on for me (when CFS was changed to FM) had hysterectomy because of the same probs you are having, and wham bam CFS became FM. I now have a good drugs regime and I move up and down with how much I take and when, (as long as I tell the doc what I am doing - its not worth the effort of going in to see her and telling her I have cut down so I know how much pain my body is dealing with). I am having a bad flare at mo, but I am doing my best not to stay in bed, I make myself come downstairs (stairlift) and laze on the settee instead. Hubby keeps trying to give me a massage on my shoulders, but I cant stand the pain and its hard to tell him its not him, that it hurts. . . argghhh, regarding the lost tea, I have found my drink in the fridge (not bad when its water) but the car keys next to it told a tale. In freezer, don't ask me how cos I have no recollection of even going to the freezer. Enjoy your tea, remember the rest rule, and hope it passes soon :)
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Aww thank u all ;))) its very good to Know im not alone x thats funny I totally know what you mean about massage my hub put his hands on my shoulders last night and it was like he'd swap his hands for two sledgehammer bless him he felt so guilty aww :( I think that in a funny way its help him understand that I am in pain the whole situation have hit him with a ton of bricks aswell as me. We are in this together and its not going away boo

Sorry alittle mean here my mil said to me oh u need a good night reast fat chance Of that.. when all 3 of my young children sleep through and I wake up every 2 hours and take me a hour to get back off may need that sledgehammer for me or her

I really hope all of the flare up would bogg off take care all of you lovey peaple it also make me really sad im not alone if u know what I mean

Ps I found my tea in the bathroom you only remember when you find it that you remember where it is you have left it but dont know why or how it got there hehe now get you head around that sentence but id made another and managed to enjoy that one thank you hehe keys in the fridge hope yours passes very soon sorry im waffling xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

Hia lala

I hate periods too! More so now I have peri menopause, drained isn't the word,and pain ouchy! Never mind the rest grr recently I had blood test as gp wanted it done b4 I saw the rhummi and my ferritin was realli low!! My body isn't making enough iron due to blood loss ( heavy ) he put me on medz 2 twice a day but as this 1 so bad he gave me medz 2 stop period to give me a break!!! May b next time ur due a appt ask if he/she can stop ur,s 4 a month but obviously up 2 each dr I too have had my 1st flare and oooooowwwww total exhaustion+pain I hope ur on the road to feeling a bit better than u were? Sending hugs to all xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby DizzyLizzie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 am

It's good you found your tea, & your keys. I searched everywhere today for a cardigan which I found later in the washing machine, a load I'd done yesterday & had forgotten about, some days seem to be worse than others :( loud noise, I can't handle loud noise either, adverts, action films, shopping malls even people laughing, i become snappy, tired & nauseous :( I was wondering if any of you have a sensitivity to smells? I find it hard to explain as my concentration keeps going but as with being able to hear things other people don't seem to be able to hear I also smell things they can't smell or to me it is far stronger than they can. It can be something nice, sometimes it's not so nice & I can't find where it's coming from, sometimes I can walk past someone in the street & it's like they've slapped me in the face, I then can't get rid of the smell & start to feel nauseous too. Is it just me?
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:56 am

Thank u Debsmith ;) im sorry you had it bad gently hugs to you and all xxx im going to doc next week to see what can be done think the mini pill will be good more pills ha xx im being referred to the rheumatologist now to see what they say erkk nervous!!
Oh yes smells are bad for me can smell everything and here all cant stand ear phones with music playing boo ; ( so yes your not on your own :) dizzylizzie take care all
Anyway nice to speak to you all xxx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:55 am

Hi lala ,pls don't worry over the next flare it won't make it any better in fact the stress of worrying will only make u feel more tired out and sore,two things to remember
One you will get another flare
Two you will ride it out and get used to them in your life.not only that your learn when it's coming and what makes them happen and what helps.
Your not alone there's so many of us,just remember she your feeling rough we're all feeling rough with you xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 am

Thank you painprincess1 :)) I agree with all that you have said ;-) xxxx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey Lala1980

I know how your feeling, having a bad day myself today, noises which have been coming from my daughter have been too loud to cope with (its not her fault bless her) which has left me feeling agitated and a bit weepy :-| A feeling I have felt for some time but until now never understood why :?:

I am still in the process of being diagnosed but both my doctor and neurologist have both said its fibro just need the rhumatologist to 'confirm' this.

Hope your ok and so glad to know that this forum is here, a problem shared is a problem halved

Take care
Sarah
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:51 am

Oh sarah im sorry your haveing a rough time :( my kids are so loud sometimes it make me dizzy and have blurred vision my head starts to throb and bang I have a headache for the rest of the day bless um its a good job I love um

Hang on in there sarah hunny its hard with little one ant it.. same to u take care laura xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:33 am

lala1980 wrote:Oh sarah im sorry your haveing a rough time :( my kids are so loud sometimes it make me dizzy and have blurred vision my head starts to throb and bang I have a headache for the rest of the day bless um its a good job I love um

Hang on in there sarah hunny its hard with little one ant it.. same to u take care laura xx

Cheers Laura, I love my daughter to bits but they do drive you insane sometimes lol. Its so nice to chat to people who feel the same as I do and knowing that lots of other people suffer the same I don't feel alone :-D hope you have a good day and thanks for the reply

Sarah x
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia