is there any herbal remedies that can help pain.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

is there any herbal remedies that can help pain.

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey for the past 7 days iv changed my diet and gone for my daily walks and iv been fine .
Today I went to the gym and did a gentle work out I got home and I'm in so much pain I can't stop crying I didn't try anything new just did what I'm used to.
When I saw my ruhmatolagist he Said going to the gym would help and do what I'm used to he said I wouldn't be in pain and now I can't move with out hurting.
Iv not been put on medication nothing but should be when I see my doctor Monday
Is there anything to try and stop the pain I can't take paracetamol because I can't have caffeine.
I'm really into herbal remedies is there anything anyone can recommend.
Thanks maxi =]
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Re: is there any herbal remedies that can help pain.

Postby Zeberdi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 pm

A regular doses of odourless garlic, like six a day can help. It is a natural anti inflamatory. Good old cod liver oil and glucosamine can help. Nothing works quickly or that well, Go for anti inflamatory therapies and drink plenty of water. baths in epsom salts can help a lot too. Look up alternative treatments for anti inflamatories.

To be honest I take all these and still get to the pain threshold and beyond. I react to caffine but can take paracetamol but I am very careful not to take the 'extra' as they usually have the added caffine. Can you take ibruprophen? I can't due to stomach bleed and asthma but if you can go for it. I also bath in half a tune of ibruleve gel and find that helps. Can you take asprin? Pain relief is relief is pain relief.

If there were a quick fix, a regime of diet and excersise or an alternative therapy pill to answer our prayers we would all be taking it.

I would add be careful who you listen to. My worst experience was a physiotherapist who manipulated all my joints. I simply sat and rocked for two weeks taking as much pain med as I could and still the pain was so over powering I could hardly speak. So called experts aren't always.

If you are in so much pain now go see your Doctor and get some help. Getting and keeping control can be key to living with this and the worse it is allowed to get/pushed the worse it stays for longer till you can't get back to coping.
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Thank you I drink loads water and I take glucosamine everyday
I can't take aspirin and ibuprofen so I'm a lil stuck
I think I'll stick with going for my long walks since iv not been in pain after.
My docs r lil rubbish never really listened to me iv seen all my docs
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:36 pm

A post about this was made yesterday Maxi which may be of interest to you. Here's what it says about some of the supplements/remedies the poster uses. It might give you some ideas for what to start looking into.
Angey wrote:I seem to be able to cope using the following - the main and most helpful natural remedy is Devils Claw. I REALLY know it if I've run out and haven't taken it for a while. The rest of my cocktail consists of White Willow Bark, Bromelain, Ginger Root and Turmeric. These are all natural anti-inflammatories. I also take Glucosamine as I'm in my fifties, along with high dose Magnesium and Zinc. Also I take Siberian Ginseng and finally 5-HTP. For those of you unfamiliar with 5-HTP it is a natural Seratonin and has changed my life. I no longer have palpitations or anxiety. I did say it was a cocktail!! But it works.

Wrt to your trip to the gym and doing what you are used to and how it has left you feeling, you may well find that you need to ease back on things at first, and possibly change some of the exercises you do and/or equipment you use to allow yourself to build up your stamina again. FM turns everything on its head, and quite often sends us back to the start of things we have been doing, meaning we need to go thru it all again to find what our capabilities and limits are now at. And then, the steps forward we make tend to be baby steps because if we try to go any faster, FM will just leap out and bite you on the bum :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If you have a trainer at the gym, maybe have a word with them to see if they can help you devise a more suitable plan for how you are at the moment, with the longer~term aim of very gently and gradually increasing what you are doing.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Maxi.....You may have done a bit too much. Also, you are bound to hurt more if you haven't used certain parts for a while.

Maxi.... try Arnica gel, I use it on my knees, hips, lower back and hands. It really does help. You may be surprised.

I hope you find some relief and are able to go back and do some mild exercise.. Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia