Who has friends with fibro

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Who has friends with fibro

Postby carlz25 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Lots of people in my family have it and I've a friend who is in process of getting diagnosed bout convos go like this......omg I'm so sore today I can't move my fingers.....yea I was like that yesterday I can't walk upstairs today my knees are that sore.
All we do is complain to each other, we have a laugh about it but it's good for someone to understand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:42 pm

dejay wrote:I don't have any friends with fibro, But my daughter was diagnosed with fibro. is it hereditary? I sort of knew by her symptoms, before the dr diagnosed her , she has other health problems, but I feel very bad that fibro is another problem,i wonder if I passed it down to her,when I see her struggling my heart breaks I am now crying as this is the fist time I have spoken about my fears, lol

I have fibro and my daughter whos 17 was diagnosed with fibro at 16. At first i thought the symptoms were of low iron levels but then after a long while and the dentist diagnosing her with TMJ the penny dropped!

Fibro hasnt had enough research to say whether of not its genetic. I do know that fibro is getting hugely widespread now but maybe thats because doctors are now more up on fibro :?: or there is an epidemic :crazy:

Its very heartbreaking seeing your child in so much pain but she has your full support and understanding and thats the key to help her.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby moomoos » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:35 pm

People keep saying to me that they have friends with fm, but I dont know any 'real' people with it?
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 pm

hi kalev iv not met any one with fm in suffolk or norfolk yet at all ,,, looked at suport groups but the few there are always meet in working hours , so out of the question for me .... seemas they only cater for ones who dont work.

i agree would be better to talk to others some times i think it dont exsit and all on line conversations arnt real after all :-D :-D

i think men are under dx with this and in reallity it more equal thn we think,, tried to cut me thumb off yesterday with an axe :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: cut clean through nail and into fleash underneath and i thpoght at the time :yikes: :yikes: :nono: :nono: this is going to hurt :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and it did

interesting thig was while it was throbbing away i was compering it to the other pains i was getting and it was not really worse than them, which i found interesting. we do not have a low pian threshold jist more aware of pian it seeems

fibro men of the world unite :-D :-D
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Tonyden,
thanks for emailing I know what you mean about pain I've tried to feed my hands into one tool or another & being an ex carpenter it's amazing I still have 10 fingers, as for having a lower pain threshold it doesn't matter Pain is Pain & it all hurts. I think the worst thing about FM is not the pain or being tired all the time it's the loneness not having anyone to talk to who understands, well you've found one here & I think there are many more who will be happy to talk.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby sam4johnny » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm lucky enough to have made friends with another fibro sufferer and a bipolar sufferer (I'm bipolar) by going to my local Recovery College for living with mental health. Although we mainly speak by Facebook I know they're always there (as they don't sleep, like me lol) and it's really good to have someone I know that understands. Of course I'm hoping to make a friend or two on here too (I'm a newbie) :oops:
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Postby sara_elizabeth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:31 pm

it's just me and my mom. but it makes us best friends because sadly our fibro is progressing at the same rate (fast), i'm 29 and she's 59 but we finish each other's sentences and are more like sisters than mother/daughter

i do know one other woman with fibro but we aren't friends and don't take the same meds...we can't really relate because all the meds that don't work for me work for her and she uses a cane and that's not really my style...so she can't relate to my struggle to find medication that works unlike my mom. plus my mom just understands me
I have loved to the point of madness, that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love
sara_elizabeth
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia