Cant sleep can you?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cant sleep can you?

Postby Tigereyes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 am

Last time I posted on here kept sleeping but now cant sleep or sleep then wake up then wake up in lots of pain lots of pain!!!!!! painkillers don't work all of them cant find anything that helps with the pain. ever since my darling husband beside me when I was asleep cause of a bad flare up, I didn't know my darling was died cause of fb I had been sleeping for days and he had died and I just went back to slee p I didn't realize I didn't know he was dead I cant live without him he was ny darling my knight in shining armour I wish I was dead with with him but I cant cause of my babies HELP ME I WANT TO DIE!!!!!
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Re: Cant sleep can you?

Postby catering2013 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:52 am

Please try to seek some proper help to guide you through this wretched time.there are people who can and will support you.
catering2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ria Landon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:28 am

Fibromyalgia is a dreadfully isolating illness and never more so than in the middle of the night. I'm having an awful not being able to sleep phase and going to see my GP soon to get some help with it. It must be awfully difficult for you though as you have been used to having somebody beside you to go through this with. Its going to take a long time for you to adjust being on your own just like it would for anyone else going through the grieving process. however it is going to feel much worse for you as stress just makes fibro worse. Just like catering2013 says, please get some help, you cannot go through this alone. Thinking of you x
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:28 am

I am so sorry to hear of what has happened to you, and I think you must still be in shock from such a terrible thing. I don't know how old your family are, but believe me they do not want to lose you as well.
I myself have taken a couple of over doses, but thankfully I am still here, and I know my children and grandchildren love me very much, so please give yourself time to grieve.
I have CFS and fibro and I live alone, which is a very isolated existence, but I carry on and try to think of what I have to be grateful for.
Call your GP tomorrow do not wait. Explain exactly how you are feeling, and that you need help immediately. You really need to push your GP now for help to get you through this terrible time, and to give you more help dealing with your fibro. Find out about a carer if you need one, and that way at least you have someone coming in on a regular basis. You need people around you as well as rest, and eventually things may improve.
Please call your doctor in the morning and stress how bad things are with your grief and fibro, and please let your fibro friends on this site know how it went.
I will be thinking of you. x x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby meljcarr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 am

I lost my husband in april last year, he was my world!!!, the stress of losing him definitely made the fibro worse, i know how you feel in thinking that you can't live without him, i felt the same way, some times i still do, but with the support of my gp, who i have to say has been amazing, i am slowly starting to come to terms with it. for a while i was on anti depressants, but in the last 3 months i have slowly weaned myself off of them. you won't ever get over losing your husband, but you will in time learn to live with it. As for the not sleeping, i know how you feel, i seem to go off to sleep quite quick but then after an hour or so i look at the clock every hour, so i can't really help with that, but you must see or speak to your gp urgently as they can help, or put you in touch with someone that can. sorry if i have rambled on, but i hope this helps.
meljcarr
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:10 am

Speak with your Doctor, is hard i appreciate that, I am on my own and sleep very little due to the pains of Fibro. Saying that i needed a refill for my air freshner the plug in variety 5 days in to new one called sleep serenity, and have found i am sleeping a little better.

Is lavender scented maybe worth trying that as well as seeing a doctor, am up washed and dressed now and pins are starting to get bad, pain relief taken kicking in Slowly. You are not alone Tiger Eyes.

Remember we can help so much but your Doctor can do more.

The thing to remember you are never alone.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 pm

You have gone through the mill my love and u need to grieve for your hubby. Pls see your dr and talk about how you feel.your fibro is worse because of the stress your under. Deal with your loss with the help of the dr and you will find the fibro will settle to. Sending you love and hugs and even though we can't be with you I'm sending you hugs and love ,and pls come in and shout srceam or whatever u need to do there's always someone here to talk to xxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Dear Tigereyes,
I can't begin to understand what your going through & you do need professional help if your GP is not much help get a new one & don't leave until you get the help you need, I had to keep going every day to main until they tock me serous & now they know if they don't give me the help I need I'll just come back the next day. I've got a couple of sleeping problems as well as FM & they have as last given me Melatonin if your GP says they can't proscription it then demand to be referred to a sleep centre. I've also started on Pregabalin which is helping with the pain there are lots of other drugs that you can try that are not Pain Killers. I've also found that Voltrul helps greatly & you can get this on proscription but you have to fight for it, the other drugs I've tried are Gabapentin, Duloxetin. There are lots of things that can help with FM but you have to keep looking & trying different things until you find what works for you there is light at the end of the tunnel & things will get better I know this as last summer I nearly killed myself & now I'm so glad I didn't. Sleep & rest are most important also don't forget to treat yourself each day & remember there are people who care & will try to help.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia