Tired All The Time

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tired All The Time

Postby Kalev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi out there,
I don't know about you but I feel tired all the time no matter how long I sleep I do have a couple of sleep problems like Rem Without Atonia & OSAS which is a form of sleep Apnoea for which I take Melatonin but it doesn't help much. I used to be a very active person & hate to sit still but these days I find I'm so tired most of the time it's all I can do to look after my flock of Chickens which is the only reason I get out of bed most days, (the thought of them waiting for the breakfast always get me up). I've been to the Dr., she say it's the FM & I just have to rest, take plenty of exercises which seems a contradiction in terms to me. I eat well & take plenty of Vitamins so I just don't know what to do, any answers out there I could sure do with some suggestions.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Re: Tired All The Time

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:59 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Kalev, I've split your post off from where you had made it, and turned it into a topic of its own with it being about a different subject to what the original topic was.

We have chickens too, altho at the moment we're down to just one, but they do certainly help brighten days up with their antics :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

It is tricky to manage fatigue, esp at first, as working within the limits and capabilities you now have can be so frustrating, esp when you've been used to doing things at a much faster rate pre~FM.

As well as eating well, adding supplements etc to your diet, keeping as active as you can but without overdoing things to make you feel worse, and making sure you have enough rest thru the day is key to it, just as your GP has said. It's putting this all into place that can cause the headaches :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1:

You will have an idea of what you are able to do, and how long you can manage it, when it is a cruddy day, a mediocre day, and a not~so~cruddy day, so use these times as a basis from where to start. Take an average of times that you can manage doing some activities, then take something like 20% off it, then use this as your starting point. If your baseline works out at 10 mins, then you will do something for that amount of time, then stop and have a rest until you feel ready and able to go back and do something for another 10 mins. This is known as Pacing, and forms the hub of how we need to do things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Garyl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Tiredness is something i struggle with a lot was about to write a post and from the last few minutes of countdown and next thing Noel edmonds was on screen, not sure how countdown ended lol c:) just hope i do not lose another ten minutes whilst watching deal. I find the need to close my eyes for a few moments more and more, i do seem to sleep at night not sure it is restful though.

We all have to stay strong for each other.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks for moving my post I couldn't see how to start a new topic & thanks for the great advice which you no doubt guess I'v been already told & this is what I try to do but I'm still tired today I'v not done anything & tomorrow I must get on with some things I was just wondering if anyone out there had any magic advice I was not aware of but thanks for caring this helps a lot.
Yes chickens are great fun we have 26 a few too many but as 3 of them are cockerels every year the hens want to have more chicks. We mainly have traditional breads & although they are lovely we have not had any eggs all winter which is not normal with my flock I've done the normal things Just wondered if anyone out there who had chucks had the same problem?
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:08 am

I go through spells of differing amounts of tiredness. Getting up before 11am and being asleep by 11pm is what i would call an achievment, as i need 12 hours of sleep to be able to stay awake the other 12. However, im all over the place most of the time. The lady who nods off for ten minutes at a time, i wish that was me. When i fall asleep i can be gone for hours, really struggling to wake up n make a move. So i have to try hard to resist that sleep, or im where i am now, nocturnal. Thing is, i spend many hours trying to get to sleep some days, and sometimes followed by waking up after only a few hours, that getting in any pattern is really hard again. Ive had times where ive been up for only an odd hour here n there in a day, sleeping mostly the rest of the time. Or i can not sleep in 2 days. It drives me mad, cus ive then no energy for anything. Depression dont help on this need for sleep either. Trick is, when u do have a sense of well being, get up n do stuff. If u dont, the tiredness hits u again that quick, u have to wait for the next chance, which probably aint that day. Try n keep cool cus the heat makes it worse for you. Dont feel guilty though that your doing nothing. I was angry with myself till i got it in my head that its not my fault. Good luck x
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 pm

First off I'd say resting and exercise .ok if u exercise it will do to things first off stop you getting stiff and sore. Second help you to sleep better when you do go to bed ,don't mean u have to walk miles or do sit ups hehe just move even a walk round your garden will help,also exercise will help the tiredness believe it or not ,and yes I have been where you are many times I hate the feeling of being tired more them the pain. Tell you what I started doing I wasn't sleeping good wheni went to bed so I started going to bed late about 12.i found I slept better till about 7 I was still tired but was getting real sleep as a pose to broken sleep.i now try to have a few late nights a week and it seems to work for me. Il point out that just because it works for me does not mean it will for you , still might be worth a try xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 am

Tiredness is the worst yesterday I had a really good day did lots then last night I sletp for about 7 hours unbroken :-D so I should be ok today but today I feel like I never went to bed let alone had any sleep. :sleep: My wife woke me up at 6 as she always does :nono: I got up at 7 to see to my chickens but it's now 10.30 & I'm still half asleep :sleep: :yikes: I have so much to do & to be frank I'm finding it hard to string more then 2 words together. My point if I have one is Melatonin helps if you can get it but I think the answer is to learn to say "sorry no I can't do this" or "simply No!" & to look after yourself, easer said then done I know. :crazy:

Anyway Good luck and
May you live as long as you want to & want to as long as you live :-D
Kalev
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia