Get in touch

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Get in touch

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Well yesterday I talked to Tatty on the phone.im telling you it was better then any pill the dr give me.sure I'm in she'd loads of pain and can't move well today but for once I had a bloody big smile on my face. Someone else who knew what I was talking about. It was so nice to have a convo real life with someone.and I'm more then happy to send e mails to anyone wanting a chat.but being safe is a must so till I trust anyone I just e mail to start with or tx.

Pls don't give address or home phone numbers and make sure you don't give out family friends or so on till you are sure you trust the person.yes you have to be carful but it seems we all feel lonely with this and could do with one to one chats sometimes.plus it's safer then meeting up to talk first on the phone for a few months, or even a tx and brighten up your day.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Get in touch

Postby Garyl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Agree with you pain princess, we all need to talk to someone now and then but be careful who you share details with like phone numbers.

There are times i need to talk but do not get the chance, i do how ever relax and look for the help i need. Today's a bad day for me will keep trying to cope.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:34 pm

You can use pms to contact each other on here.The pms will only be seen by the people who are sending and receiving them. Should there be any contact from anyone that doesn't seem quite right, or is giving you cause for concern, if you let one of the Mods know, it's something we can look into and deal with if needed.

Only consider exchanging other contact info when you feel comfortable to do so, don't be pushed/pressured into revealing anything you aren't comfortable with just anyone who asks you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Kalev » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi All,
My name is Kalev I'm a Bristolian I can't agree more we all need to talk to a real person from time to time & trust is all important.
I am always happy to lessen to anyone so if you want a chat just get in touch.
Last edited by Kalev on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Kalev, we usually suggest that members exchange contact info by personal message rather than posting such details on the open forum. Do you want me to edit your post, or do you want to make any changes yourself??

Only asking as when members have posted such info previously, they have ended up receiving unwanted/unsolicited calls, spam email etc.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Hia all

I think that's a great idea but agree safety 1st!!! I'm more than happy to email hia bristolian I too am from bristol but don't live there now hope every 1 as okay as we all can be! Me too bad day 1st day back at work after surgery on elbow found it tough! Hometime I'm in bed and done can't do another thing xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia