Burning sensation

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning sensation

Postby Garyl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 am

For the first time i am experiencing a burning sensation in my hands and fingers, is odd feeling, i get all the usual Fibro probs pains aches and mind fog this is a new one one me
Garyl
UKFM Member

Re: Burning sensation

Postby icklebananer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Sorry to hear this! My problems started in my hands/wrists/fingertips with that horid burning sensation... Try and advoid doing anything repetitive for a while. If you work on a computer look into to ergonomic changes and make sure you are sat correctly. Also keep them warm. Thats the only advice I can give. Hope you feel a bit better soon xx
I used to have prospects but now at 25 I'm stuck in a society against helping those with long term illness. Trying to fight back one day at a time. Fibro Princess

icklebananer
UKFM Newbie

Postby LibbyWick » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:37 pm

You'll find all sorts of strange symptoms, hope it settles down soon. You could try soaking your hands in warm water with Epsom Salts added. It is very soothing and has all sorts of benefits.
http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/epsom ... nefits.asp
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:43 pm

thanks for the advice everyone, will try the epsom salts one when i next get to shop to buy some
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Hia all
I to get burning but in my feet gets so bad can hardly walk! I've tried so many things + nothing eases it 4me :( :( this fibro is not nice!!! I still work part time case of "havng to" by time I get home I'm nearly in tears + swelling grrrrr xx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 pm

I have this too and it's very hard too feel temperature changes. Please be careful when using hot water and/or pans etc. I find it hard to detect the heat of the shower water before I get in and sometimes it's pretty hot.
It's just another symptom I'm afraid.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:12 pm

I got it in my feet and I swear I think I'm going to look and find my feet on fire.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Hia all

Same here painprincess and feels like standing on glass at times!!! Its horrid wherever u get the burning I'm a part time chef too thank goodness 4 probes! XxxxxX
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia