Mornings

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mornings

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 am

Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone is like me and wakes up in the morning feeling :( :sleep: just as if they have never had any sleep at all? Last night after having no sleep the night before I slept a full 8 hours uninterrupted sleep, the first time in years so I should fill great this morning? But no I feel totally sashed out I'm in pain all over & so groggy I can hardly think straight. I have numbness in both my hands more so in the left, I have pain all over & totally dopey which is weird as I haven't had any in about 30 years.
So just wondered if any of you fill like this in the morning right now I just want to go back to bed but I know as soon as my head hits the WAKE UP PILLOW I'll be awake & just toss & turn ending up in even more pain?
Is this normal or am I weird?
Kalev
UKFM Member

Re: Mornings

Postby Garyl » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:01 am

I suffer exactly the same way, part of this Awful condition sadly, I have again woken in severe pains feeling as if i have had no sleep, and my hands feel as though they are burning again.

Just wish they could find something to help us more
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:32 am

Hi Garyl,
Sorry to hear you feel like this too & yes I sure wish they would sort this one out. Yesterday I wasn't too bad so did a but it seems one day I can do things so do & the next I'm so wiped out I just can't do anything even sleep. How on earth can I go back to work like this & who would employ me?
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Non~restorative sleep is part of the delights of FM, along with nights of disrupted sleep, or no sleep at all :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I can't remember the last time I woke up and felt refreshed and recharged after a decent night's sleep :( :( :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Oh well Fluppymuppy,
I was hoping it was one of my other disorders than maybe I could get help the strange thing is wednesday night didn't sleep felt cr-p all day but as the evening wore on I felt less & less tired & when I rested my head on my Wake up pillow it tock hours to get to sleep as the pain got worse & worse.
I might try not sleeping at all it seems to make little difference wither I do or not.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Lower back pain in the morning

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi All,
There's one thing I get every morning & that is I wake up every morning with a lot of pain in my lower back It's so bad it takes me about half an hour to get of bed & then I have to get dressed worst of all I have have to put the dedded Socks on :yikes: which is so painful.
I'v tried everything but nothing helps Just wonderd if any of you had the same problem & any advice?
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 pm

ON the days when I haven't slept much/at all during the night before, I find it has a similar effect to what you described after Wednesday night. Whilst I'm just as tired as when I've managed a decent number of hours :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: the groggyness does seem to lift that little bit quicker after a disrupted night. Whether it's because there there is less of it to find my way thru due to not having as much :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: or something else, I can't say, but there is a slight difference between them.

Have you tried applying warmth/heat to your back for a while before getting out of bed?? Something like a hot water bottle, heated wheaty bag, or a heat pad can help ease things and help you with being a little more manoeuvrable. We have an electric blankie on our bed with dual controls, and I've found that keeping my side on all night has helped to a degree with my morning aches and hurtys.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks Fluppypuffy,
Thanks that's good advice I'll try it & get back to you .
Been trying to do baking all day managed to do what I planned but had to take a lay down lunch time & now just doing some Chocolate chip cookies that are so easy & always come out great as long as you don't burn them on the edges.
Oh well thanks for getting back to me I wonder if anyone else will? :-D :-D :-D
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby spaceshopper61 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 pm

I have spells of no sleep,poor sleep and to much sleep,but no matter what sleep I get it is always the same I always wake up feeling worst then before I tried to sleep.I have found trying to catch 40 winks in the afternoon can help.
spaceshopper61
UKFM Newbie

Postby FibroEllie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Mornings... I hate them!!! But I have a new regime that helps...

I start the day with a strong coffee (I'm a tea-a-holic), 2 rich tea biscuits, my tramadol and a hot water bottle. Worth a try.
Ellie
FibroEllie
UKFM Member

Postby silvermaneuk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 pm

One of the things I did to help me sleep cos I hurt, is I invested a lot of money in a Tempur mattress. I bought a Tempur cloud with pillows. I would advise anyone buying them, to go to a retailer and try them out, cos not every type suits everyone.

It has made a difference.

I still have pain and crap sleep, but I am more comfortable than when I didn't have one.

So I do think its well worth the money, as they are not cheap, sadly.

Unfortunately bad sleep is a known symptom, and if you google FM and sleep disorders, you will see its been well documented and even tells you theories as to why.

Sorry your having it xx
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks All,
It helps to know I'm not alone with this although I wish none of us had this problem, sorry FibroEllie coffee no longer works neither does tramadol I've maxd out on pain killers & none of them work any more but the hot water bottle works when it's really bad.
I find if I sleep during the day then it makes trying to sleep at night worse as for the Tempur mattress silvermaneuk I would love one & maybe one day I can get one but I lost my job due to Fibro although they used another excuse.
Thanks All it's great to hear from others who struggle with Fibro my wife & family think I'm just faking it & it great to know others care, one thing about this Fibro is very soon no buddy wants to know how your feeling & soon stop calling or coming over but it's great to know your out there.
Spaceshopper61 I use Melatonin & it helps & I sleep better with it then with out it & so does a friend of mine it's hard to get perscribed but It's worth a try.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby FibroEllie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:22 pm

I have a tens machine too. It's great for back pain, but I'm not sure how it would work on legs (mine has 4 pads). Sorry to hear the coffee doesn't work, I was hoping it'd help long term. I've just bought myself a. Folding walking stick, which I hope will help. I take tramadol, slow release and regular, as well as codeine and ibuprofen, I'm sure I rattle, but would welcome any other ideas.
E
FibroEllie
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 pm

HiFibroEllie,
I've thought of a tens machine but not sure it will work with me but I might give it a try as for tramadol I cant use it any more maxed out on it & it doesn't work any more nor do any any other pain killers. I have a walking stick which I use when I need it the best thing I've found is to just take it easy & take my time at last I can get up. As for pills I take only 15 a day now which is a lot better then the 29 I was taken thanks for replaying please keep in touch.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Ellie, my TENs machine also has 4 pads (2 channels) and I use it on my legs with no problems. If both legs are affected, I run stick 2 pads on each leg, run a cycle or 2, then move them around, run a cycle, and keep doing that for as long as I need. If one leg is worse, then it gets all 4 pads in the area, 1 or 2 cycles, then moved around as needed.

When all else fails, hug your Teddy xx

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia