can NOT cope with different meds...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can NOT cope with different meds...

Postby animeemo3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 am

Hi all. Just a quick feelings-vent/whinge. Not spoken to anyone for about a week so got a lot to say! Not coping too well with my meds at the moment. One set (pro-banthine) needs to be taken on a completely empty stomach while the desperately needed pain meds need to be taken with food or I get very ill and throw them back up. My day is filled with, ooh I need these tabs, when did I last eat? Oh it's been two hours since I took those, now I can eat and have the rest of the tabs. Oh it's not been enough time since the last time I ate, I can't take these yet but I need to soon.
It's awful. Should I just cope with the pain and take the others? Should I take the pain meds and not the others? Arghh! I dont even have an appetite anymore, only eat maybe two sandwiches a day, plus a few small snacks when I have to take tablets. No appetite plus not being able to swallow sucks! Sometimes I wonder wether to give up either med just so it isn't so complicated. I'm still putting weight on too! Still getting painful muscle cramps up my arms, legs and feet 10+ times a day and my muscles won't stop spasming and twitching. Plus I have so much trouble where I live my blood pressure has shot up and lowered my appetite even more, some days I just wonder why bother?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: can NOT cope with different meds...

Postby Purplepig » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 am

Sad your feeling so bad. :( Try to eat a little often this should help with meds. Hope this helps
Purplepig
UKFM Member

Postby LizzyMac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 pm

I've started keeping small bags of nuts in the cupboard (50-100g). They're perfect when I'm not feeling well enough to make myself some food or I realise I've forgotten to eat and my blood sugar is desperately low or if I need to eat something with pain meds.
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 pm

I no this sounds simple to say but can the dr give you something different ,
I mean if it's stressing you out and making your blood pressure worse what's the point .xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia