but you don't understand...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

but you don't understand...

Postby migrembe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:27 am

seems to have become my mantra and i hate it. i hate that i have to say it and hate that i say it and hate it, hate it, hate it... sorry as you can see i am not having a good week in fact last weekend i couldn't go to church because i couldn't get dressed. I have been in the house since Wednesday and i need to get out, but i live alone and i am actually getting to the point that i am actually frightened to go out in case i get stuck. I am scared that if i go out today, when i feel bad bit not as bad as yesterday then tomorrow i will be stuck not being able to get dressed again. yes i know i worry about things unnecessarily when they haven't happened yet. I do try not too. my diet consists of tinned soup, granary bread, yogurt, fruit, cereal and milk and chocolate and sugar. I crave sugar all the time. I try to eat less but in the end i end up just eating twice as much. I don't normally come on here and moan but i am so because no one else understands...

...at least there's no snow here.

:pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

:grouphug: :flowers: be gentle with yourself today
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: but you don't understand...

Postby Maria68 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 am

Oh my word, you are having a bad week and if it makes you feel any better I do understand.....!! I too have had a bad week and I iive alone with three kids....they just don't/won't understand that when I say that when I say "I am tired and hurt" it means just that. Keep with it, maybe tomorrow or even later today you may feel a little better xxx
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:41 am

I live alone too and struggle to do what i want to some times, What ids annoying is that this dreadful illness is not taken more seriously, When i was diagnosed the rhuematologist was nearly crying when he told me sadly he is not working i the UK anymore had to return home to look after his sick mother.

Having now lived with Fibro for more then 7 years now i can understand how it affects people differently and how hard it is to cope, all i can say is you have to make sure they understand, and help where they can. I have even now had to resort to using a wheeled walker, as i have falls using a stick, We must all stick together and help where we can with advice suggestions etc
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 pm

The best way of making ppl understand is, when u read things that says exactly how u feel, copy n paste it to a page or save links n most important is add ones where others are showing there upset that ppl dont understand them. If it comes from someone else thry wont just think, oh its just my mum moaning again!
Also, i now dont care if ppl believe me or not. I know i wouldnt be living like this if i were making things up. As long as u believe in your self the othes can bagger off! Take care x
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby Kyomii » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I can only agree with what others have said. However, I do want to add that sugar carbs and similar bad carbs are very bad for FMS - they exacerbate pain and symptoms.

The issue with such carbs is the more you feed your body with them, the more your body "craves" them so it is ever decreasing circles. Try to slowly cut the sugar out as much as you can, and perhaps just have a treat of chocolate at the weekends.

Goji berry juice, Manukah Honey and Apple cider vinegar are all good food for fibro.
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:03 pm

First let me thank you to you all because i know that you do understand and in your own way you do care. I have not found my diet to be a contributing factor mainly because for six years between the beginning of noticeable symptoms and diagnosis i was an organic vegetarian bordering on vegan. Although i am still a vegetarian but who can afford organic these days and cooking is now a chore and not a pleasure. As for honey it is still sugar, your body still sees it has sugar and uses or stores it as such and manuka honey is nothing but a waste of money and apple cider vinegar even in capsules give me cystitis so i think i'll give that a miss if you don't mind.

I firmly believe that food, exercise and social interaction are the keys to unlock this dis-ease, however first i need a little nap or two :roll: :crazy: :sleep:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a bad week. It's not been a good week for me too si can empathise with you too.

I too crave chocolate at times and I try not to give in but there are times I cannot help myself.

I hope this week is better for you. :grouphug: :grouphug:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Sorry you have had a bad week
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby LizzyMac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Sorry to hear that you're struggling. I too get anxiety about going out sometimes.

One thing my rheumatologist told me that really helped was to understand that there WILL be bad periods, so when they come, try not to get too caught up, but just ride them out, because although there will be flares, they will subside. Being anxious and stressed and upset about the flares just makes them last longer, because anxiety is a big trigger. So, she said that if possible, when I feel a flare coming on, to do the things I know help ("break-through" pain meds, light exercise, hot baths, gentle massage, more rest... whatever works for you), but remind myself that it WILL pass, and tomorrow (or the next day, or the next) will be better.
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi all. I'd have to say being alone has given me less stress and atm I love it.but the down side is no one to talk to when u feel low .or help u out when your hurting. I still try to cook as my little one should have a proper meal so that does keep me cooking.but I do wish I had a few more friends to ring up and have a chat with who understood me.sending you all hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia