virus wipes me out

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

virus wipes me out

Postby libbiek30 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi does anyone find a virus on top of fibro just completely wipes u out. My hubby was not very sympathertic.this morning cause I couldn't get oit of bed. Feel slightly better now had couple of doeses pf painkillers and usual meds. He had a viris last week nut don't think he understands how difficult it is with fibro. It takes all my energy to cope with fibro, go to work and cook. He is very gud and does loads of the cleaning but god does he make me feel guilty! Dont think anyone but u guys will ever understand :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Re: virus wipes me out

Postby Bridgitte » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi Libbie,
I know what you mean and how you feel; having a virus etc on top of Fibro is an absolute nightmare, and other people (the normals!) don't have a clue how it feels to have this debilitating illness in the first place, let alone a virus on top. I am still getting over a cold now even after 3 weeks, the worst one I've had in a while and my god, was that hell as it did aggravate the Fibromyalgia. Family and friends have also had this cold and complained about how bad it is, and the stomach bug doing the rounds, and hearing them complain about just those can be quite amusing, and infuriating at the same time as they don't have this Fibro, and they make it sound like its the end of the world what they're going through, and when they are fine, I get looked at and told how well I look, or I'll be fine... they don't have a clue.
So it is good to come on here and chat to people who know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. Has your hubby read through any of the fibromyalgia information? It can be frustrating getting across just how bad things actually are for ourselves, as much as we'd love to be well and working, rushing about here to there etc. Don't let yourself or anyone else make you feel guilty just because you can't do things as well as you'd like, you're in this for the long term, unfortunately.
Good luck and gentle hugs.x
Bridgitte
Bridgitte
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks Bridget
I have tried to get him to read stuff but hes not very gud with illness. He says himself that he doesn't understand. I try not to go on about it too much a d always try and get on with things. So for me not to be able to get outta bed I thought wud have told him something. Thanks for listening some times u just need 2 let it out.
Gentle hugs to u too
Liz x
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby LizzyMac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:24 pm

It is difficult! I find that I don't necessarily get sicker than anyone else (like, if everyone in the house has the same virus), but it takes me longer to recover and throws off my exercise routine (which I really need because it helps with some of the pain and stiffness and my blood pressure hasn't been dropping as much since I started walking regularly), so sometimes my recovery is more difficult and I can have a 'flare' right after a bad virus.

Plus, if I'm throwing up or have bad aches and pains with the virus, it's 10x worse because the pain comes on top of what I already experience every day. :(

I hope you're feeling better now!
LizzyMac
UKFM Member

Postby Elsie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi
I've was diagnosed 5yrs ago and am one of the lucky one cos though I have a lot of the symptoms I have been managing with just over the counter pain relieve and amitriptyline but it is getting worse x I've only just registered on this forum and can't put my iPad down x thank u ladies I think it's going 2 be very informative xx :-)
Elsie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Elsie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Oops sorry 4got 2 say I hadn't had a cold 4 about 2yrs until a few days b4 Christmas and couldn't understand y I just can't shift it but now that's all explained thanx xx :oops:
Elsie
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia