Flare

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flare

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 am

Well I feel bad really bad. I don't no weather it's a very bad flare or a cold coming.ive had some very painful family moments this weekend and I'm worried sick which don't help.im on amitripoline 25mg and after two weeks it's not working at all and I'm not sleeping again.i don't no weather to up it or not as I no dr wants to but to what end a few more weeks sleep then it stops.im fed up I hurt and I'm tired out .oh and grumpy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Flare

Postby Garyl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:09 am

so sorry to read this Pain princess, i have problems sleeping and even though i take a pain killer cocktail before bed some times i cannot sleep. This has been helped by the use of a lavender scented plugin air freshner, is plugged into a socket next to the bed, it is helping me get some sleep.

Just a suggestion that has helped me and may be worth a try for you
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:17 am

Hi
give it amitriptyline bit more time it can take a month or more to work properly. I take it and usually sleep well unless something else is going on. I have got a virus and I feel rotten so haven't slept as well for a few nights. Also stress makes it fibromyalgia worse I know it is impossible to avoid stress in life but just bare it in mind. Try and do things relaxing that u enjoy and that helps u relax, like a nice warm bath, a meal out with friends or whatever u feel up too. If u r getting a cold try and rest more I find it knocks me for six.
Hope this helps
Liz
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi, give the amitryptile time. It works quite well for me but it took about a month for it to start working then we had to find the right dosage. I can never say I'm pain free but, the more I get used to it, yhe better I cope with it.

take care xx
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi painprincess1,
I was on amitryptile for a couple of years & yes it can take a while to start working I find cold, damp weather makes things worse any stress will affect sleeping & Fibro pain which will make you fill cr-p which we all understand. I found that the GP I kept seeing didn't take me seriously until I got quit assertive with them now I have a good one & I always see only her I always ask her what's the max of each drug I can take, how the drug works & how long should I leave it until I increase the dose. It's worth trying other ways of getting to sleep before you increase the dose & there are lot's of advice on the net I find heat works well for my pain & can help with sleep I would have a look at what others have posted about not sleeping there is so much as we all suffer with this problem.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am

Well seems I have a chest infection . As I can't stop coughing and sound like I smoke 100 a day lol I not smoke btw.my little girl has one but she seems to be getting better as she don't have a temp anymore and I don't want pills if I don't have to have them.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Hia all

Poor u hunni Its got to b 1 of the worst things apart from pain this flippin fibro!!! I'm on 75mg anatriptilin been on them 4 6mths ish and dr upped mine 3mths ago it doesn't make the slightest bit of differance 4me either no doubt at pain clinic they will want to up them more! But I feel I should b allowed a sleeping tab now + then but no 1 is giving me any at min I'm fed up to hun ud think with all the medz out there sum1 could find sumthing grrr xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:36 am

Hi debs I no what you mean but il give it a few more weeks,all I'd say is sleeping tab do the same there well work then after a while stop then u need higher dose so there's no point really love.
All you can do is ask dr for something else to try xxxx
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

Hia

Yeah I get ur point hunni guess same with all our medz! Its so flippin hard isn't it seems since last year bit by bit of my body is having a total BF!! How we wish they,d find medication that works 100 percent! Or better still a cure!!! Sorri 4 rant feeling quite peed off at min in agony with knee such a struggle right now :( as I'm sure same 4 all of us I try + think of other things but pain keeps bitting me on @ss!!!! Not in literal sense tho lol sending hugs 2all xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia