NOT COPING TOO WELL!!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

NOT COPING TOO WELL!!!!

Postby nkats mum » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Does anyone have an coping stratgies to help me through coping with a 'new' pain. I was diagnosed with Fibro in Dec 2010 after yrs of suffering the usual pain feeling like I was going mad and that I was a hypochondriac. I also suffer with artheritis, frieburgs' disease in both feet, sciatica and nerve impingement in my lower spine and hypermobility and have managed to cope pretty well until recently.... After suffering badly with mental health issues due to my vast medical problems I finally asked for help from outside agencies such as OT and I am currently waiting for an appointment to see the Psychlogist but with the new pain that has started in my shoulders I feel really down as it causing me to get stressed out which then brings on a flare :( I know that like all the other pains that where once new, I will 'learn' to live with it but right now I can't even think about getting throught the next hour let alone the day... any suggestions are apprieciated :) The meds I am currently taking are- duloxetine 30mg mornings 60mg nights, folic acid 5mg daily, Morphine Sulphate 10ml 4 times a day, MST Continus 20mg twice daily, Sertraline 100mg daily, Pro D3 twice a month, Paracetamol 500mg 2 4 times a day. Thank you for reading and and help in advance
nkats mum
UKFM Member

Re: NOT COPING TOO WELL!!!!

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Alongside medication there are many therapies can can hep like physio/massage/accupunture/stretching exercises/pilates/hydrotherapy/oestepath/chiropractor...

If you cannot fund these therapies yourself then pain clinic can offer many therapies plus pain injections and GP can refer you to a physio who can then assess you and have other therpaies available to send you to like hydrotherapy/accupuncture etc...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi
I found accupuncture really helped my pain and migraines and I got it for at hospital. Also I take serterline it has really helped my mood which helps me to cope.
Gud luck
Liz x
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Ria Landon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Oh I do hope you start feeling better soon. I know exactly how you feel though so I think its important that you do keep asking for help. well done you, I think you will find it helps a lot. I hate it when I feel like I'm just being fobbed off with medication. I started to see an occupational therapist about 4 years ago and have to say she is absolutely lovely and really does give some good advice for coping. I think she is the only person who really understands me but that might be because my sessions with her were for 50 mins at a time and I felt like she really listened to me. I initially went with rheumatoid arthritis in my wrists and for her to advise me and make splints for me but she has done so much more than that just by spending time with me and giving me a chance to talk about how I feel. She has seen my health problems get worse over the last few years but always remains positive and encouraging no matter what hurdles we have to face. Each time she signs me off she always says not to hesitate to get in touch if I need her again and she will give me some more sessions. I'm not really sure what else we can try but will definitely contact her again if I need to. She has offered me relaxation sessions and spoken about hydrotherapy which I may try later. I think it helps so much just knowing that these treatments are available.

I am also going on pain management seminars in the next few weeks and I know for me it is important to believe that something can be done about this awful disease. Mental health problems have been a battle for me most of my life but definitely worse since the fibro. I find the thought of living like this for the next 30 to 40 years so depressing and at times hate myself so much I feel like ending it all. But We mustn't think like that, each and every one of is so very precious and loved and we have to remember that just as we would remind others. So when we need it we must keep shouting 'HELP!' keep nagging for more understanding and never ever give up hope that they will find a cure for this despicable illness.

Please feel better soon, does a hot water bottle help you or a heat pad? I know it sounds silly but I think some of these little things can make a big difference on how we feel.

Thinking of and praying for you

Love Ria x
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Ask your gp about hydro therapy
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia