Hands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hands

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:31 am

Hi all, ok I hit my hand the other day coming down the stairs .what I don't get is why is it so stiff this morning it's not bruised in anyway. I've notices that if I knocked anything it's the same the next day .i hate going to the dr as I live in a village with no car ,so I was wondering if it happens to anyone else.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Hands

Postby Monty99 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:48 am

I have swollen hands and feet most days but especially in the morning and later in the day. The cold does not help so I sleep with mittens on which helps. The swelling can also be in my face and knees but with FMS it can appear anywhere without reason. Try moist heat as that can help, also gentle exercise.
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 am

Is difficult i know with hands as we use them all the time, as i said last week i had a day when they felt thouh they were burning and i had not to my recollection banged them or anything. I am getting to the end of my tether with my hands as i am in 24/7 pain from them, am having to train myself to sleep on my back as if i sleep on my side which i have for last 50 odd years my hands and arms are so painful next day.

Just ask doctor what can be done as they know better then us what the cause is i need to know myself just need to get a doctors appt.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby spik » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

I find bruises all over the place, but don't remember hitting half of them. I also get pins and needles in my left hand most days. Fm is an odd one as we get so many ailments and yes it is a pain in the backside having to keep on going to the Dr as most of them think we are making things up.
It is worth a trip though, even just to discuss having a tens machine as someone else said, or accupuncture. Just remember though that what works for one person might not work with someone else, same as medications.
Good luck and hope you find some relief soon
hugs to you
Ali xxxx
spik
UKFM Newbie

Postby humphreys » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 pm

I notice if I bang my hand on anything, elbow, foot, toe, Oh my god it hurst 100 times more than it used to.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby Billsmum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 pm

I have had fibro for at least 15years and suffer with my hands a lot, especially in cold damp weather. The only thing I find that helps the pain is trying to keep them warm, I use fingerless gloves at home, also there are gloves you can buy online for people who suffer from arthritis etc., soft cotton type these are excellent as they can be worn under outdoor gloves.
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia