Sleep issues

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep issues

Postby carlz25 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:37 am

Hi, just wondering if I should go to doc or not about this.
I was away on a work residential at the weekend, shared a room with a friend.
In the middle if the night she woke me up asking if I was ok. Apparently I had been snoring lightly, then just stopped breathing for a while before snoring again. She was worried sick and said she didn't sleep all night listening to make sure I was ok!
Should I mention this to go and is there anything they can do about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep issues

Postby JessieHummingbird » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 am

Definitely mention it to your doctor! When it comes to your health you don't want to risk a thing! It might be nothing serious but definitely worth getting your doctor to look into it as it may be sleep apnea, which can be treated.

Good luck & take care,
J x
JessieHummingbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Maybe get your friend to write you a report on what she noticed to hand in to GP when you see them or take friend with you.

I done this for my friend as when she stayed i noticed her breathing and snoring wasnt normal and so i wrote her GP a small letter explaining what i see and hes refering her onto a sleep clinic.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby MaryMG » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm

This link may be useful: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/ ... -and-sleep

I agree with others that you should go and see your GP.

Good luck.
MaryMG
UKFM Newbie

Postby carlz25 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Yea I think I will def. during the day I loss breath quite often so could be same thing in sleep. Scary tho!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby Purplepig » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 pm

My doc is sending me to get tested at sleep clinic. He says if I am experiencing these episodes it could be sleep aponea. :?: However if it is that there are plenty of ways to sort it out. If it is this he says I should have better sleeps as I should have undisturbed sleep and won't be so exhausted when I wake up. It will take a few months to get tested. :( I know about effective treatments as my Dad suffered from this for many years before his diagnoses. Unfortunately it wont' help the pain but any help is better than none. :-D
Purplepig
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia