Vitamin D

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vitamin D

Postby stodgers » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi all

I hope u are all doing ok. I have barely been on since having Jacob as I just don't get time but I really wanted to see if anyone else had the same. I hope nobody minds as I've not been around!

Anyway I saw the gp today as a follow up to my recent bloods and I'm deficient in vitamin D so have been given high strength supplements. I'm sure I've read stuff before saying that it seems to be quite common in fibro sufferers so just wanted to see if any of you are deficient and if so have the supplements made any difference?

She wants me to try these for a month before upping any meds.
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Vitamin D

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi there yep I'm down on my vit A, D, C and B12 I need to go back to dr about it all

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby JessieHummingbird » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Hiya!

I'm also vitamin D deficient & take supplements twice a day & I must say I've improved dramatically! I just generally feel so much better, so it's definitely worth keeping up with them! I hope they make you feel better too.

Take care,
J x
JessieHummingbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi stodgers

How's your little one doing?

Low levels of Vitamin D is common amongst us, I had it detected while my GP was going through the testing phase with me to determine what was wrong (he suspected FM all along but wanted to eliminate everything else) It was one blood test which showed I had low vitamin D and I too was given supplements to take to build my levels back up. I had to take mine for 3 months then go and have another blood test to check my levels.

Even though my levels raised it made no difference to my pain though it did help with the fatigue.

Having low Vitamin D levels can cause joint pain and fatigue, or in our case add to what FM already causes, so that's probably why your GP has put you on supplements to see if this helps ease your pain.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby maxinevalentina » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 pm

I'm vitamin D deficient and I'm on colecalciferol 500mcg
my doc only put me on mine for a month then got to have another blood test
I dont feel any different but iv got iron b12 folic acid and calcium deficiency.
Think it's different for everyone just got to be patient with it.
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Also have vitamin D shortage and B12 the later i have 3 monthly injections and i take tablets for the vitamin D which is disolve and drink, this seems common for Fibro sufferers
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Sansue » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi, I am on a Calcium and Vitamin D supplement but my rheumatologist said I still needed more Vitamin D so I buy the Vitamin D3 valupak from my dispensary, only 99p for 60 tablets. It has helped with the fatigue. Hope it works for you too :)
Sansue
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm

i Get the vitamin D3 tabs perscribed by the Doctor is 4 tubes of 10 take them twice a day
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby stodgers » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 pm

I havec colecalciferol 800mcg one a day.
I'll be happy if it helps with the fatigue even a little bit as that's what I hate the most!

My B12 was really low but seems yo be back to normal now which is good. I took a supplement for quite a while so must have helped.

Jacob is great thanks. The first 4 months were hell he had reflux and colic and cried non stop but he is 7 months now and a lovely smiley happy little thing :-) And he sleeps through the night which helps a lot lol!

Was it u who had a baby after me? If so how's your little one? Sorry if I got the wrong person!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Me to dr gives me these bloody rotten chalky things soon as I stop erm I need erm again so now I'm on the all the time xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby petareynolds » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:21 pm

I get prescribed vitamin d (Cacit D3)....dunno if it does owt!
petareynolds
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:26 am

stodgers wrote:Jacob is great thanks. The first 4 months were hell he had reflux and colic and cried non stop but he is 7 months now and a lovely smiley happy little thing And he sleeps through the night which helps a lot lol!

Was it u who had a baby after me? If so how's your little one? Sorry if I got the wrong person!

No not yet, me and hubby really want one soon though so hopefully things will happen this year at some point lol. We are in the middle of decorating and doing our house at the moment so we are in no great rush. There was another lady who was expecting around the same time as you but I really can't remeber her user name on here - flippin fibro fog.

How great that Jacob (love that name) sleeps through now that must really help as like you I find the fatigue worse than the pain sometimes. I hate feeling so tired all the time but I must admit that since taking the Vitamin D tablets and keeping my levels up has really helped that aspect of FM. :-D
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby stodgers » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm sure she was called Louise or something which is why I thought maybe u with LouLou lol. Think I remember u talking about wanting kids though! Fibro fog here too lol at least we have an excuse. I can throw in baby brain too!

It helps a lot that I don't have to get up in the night although I still don't get enough sleep!

Fingers crossed the vit d helps me then :-)
stodgers
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia