never experienced this.... anybody else

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

never experienced this.... anybody else

Postby mand » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 pm

:crazy: Im in agony :yikes: .... im driven to distraction, I do get pain in leg and bottom but this.... well I presume its bottom of pelvic bone I can physically feel the muscles that are wrapped around the pelvic bone muscle inside where bottom meets the leg. Walking is difficult, but the pain is unbelievable... back and hips are hurting muscular wise, trying a wheat bag then bath, monthlies are not helping ... feeling very tetchy to say the least
mand
UKFM Member

Re: never experienced this.... anybody else

Postby Gemziefluff » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:29 pm

I have a similar pain but at the front of my pelvis! They have been trying to find out what's causing it since July!!!
Gemziefluff
UKFM Newbie

Postby fletch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm the same front right pelvis its there all the time I have to keep standing up because its driving me mad plus cannot drive with the pain
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby Mrspitt42 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:59 pm

I get the same as well as in the front of my pelvis, sometimes I get such a pain in my bottom it feels like im sitting on a knife, nothing seems to help the pain, its made my life miserable x
Mrspitt42
UKFM Newbie

Postby katz65 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I get this mostly on the left side of my lower back into the left buttock, a couple of months ago it was that bad my partner called the doc & he came out to me, told me to take more gabapentin & my other pain killers but this didn't help. I was lay in bed on my left side & I couldn't move at all it was that painful, so in the end I told my partner to call an ambulance it was that bad, the paramedics gave me 3 shots of morphine & it wasn't helping, so I was took into hospital, I was given more morphine & eventually told I would go to a ward, this was a monday evening & was in till Wednesday late afternoon. I had bloods take, kidney checked & X-rays, stayed on morphine & my normal everyday pills, they stopped the morphine Tuesday night, oh I was also having a lidacaine patch on the most painful part.
When the doctor discharged me, she said she could find nothing wrong, all test taken came back fine, so it was all down to the Fibro.
It was the worst flare up I had ever experienced :!: :!:
Sadly this area is just another area of pain but one of my worst areas. :(
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby Billsmum » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:13 pm

I've had fibro for 15 years and it's always throwing different things at me, from the pelvic pain, tinnitus, irritable bowel etc., had all sorts of different tests but all seems to stem from the fibro. One thing I have found that helps with the pain is believe it or not Yoga, gentle stretches completed very slowly, my yoga teacher used to go through them with me and the relaxation and breathing helped me cope with really bad days. Hope this may help you, as it has helped me.
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:22 pm

I too get bad pains across my back pelvis and on down my legs. The left side is worse. In bed at night I have to lift myself up off the bed to turn over. In fact the only comfortable position is to lie flat on my back with my knees raised over a pillow. The only way for me to get proper sleep is to take a sleeping tablet.
I am on various painkillers as it is but paracetamol seems to help. Heat or ice packs are no help.
Walking is very painful and sometimes my hip just gives out altogether and I nearly fall down.
I just have to keep going as best I can. Nobody seems to understand the pain I am in coz they can't see anything wrong.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:06 pm

I was recently diagnosed with SPD/Pelvic Girdle Pain.

It is usually experienced by pregnant women............believe me at almost 55 years old, I am NOT pregnant. It is caused by pelvic instability and is usually hormone related.

My GP diagnosed this after I suffered the worse pains I have ever experienced recently. The pain prevented me from bearing any weight on either leg. Even attempting to crawl on all fours was impossibly painful.

I was referred to physio who have prescribed elbow crutches to use when the pain is extreme. My physio thinks that because I also have hypermobility syndrome that this may be causing the instability.

I an now awaiting further therapy at the pain clinic.

Please don't just assume that every ache and pain is fibro related like I did, get it checked out.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Immpy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm

I too suffer from this and there's me thinking I'm unique! :-D

I don't get it all the time and don't know when it is going to come on, just where the leg meets the pelvic bone at the top of my right leg, but in the middle/inner thigh.

The pain can be there for days or weeks and worried me the first couple of times it happened imagining all sorts of things it could be, I am now recording the times I get it and for how long to show the GP, to see if she has any idea what it might be.
Immpy
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 am

Hi gang....many thanks for your replies, you never let me down. Well still sitting gingerly on one cheek :oops: or lying down, im doing the usual things will mention to G.P on next visit unless pain gets worse and as usual hip, back and thigh pain thrown in for good measure yayyy , and then taken the dogs for separate walks shin, arm, hands rib pain as well.... well hubby has told me and its official im a pain in the....... :girl_moon: , I maybe in pain but im still breathing..............take care and thanks again I really appreciate you taking time out .... im not alone xx
mand
UKFM Member

Postby sam4johnny » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi all, newbie here.

I had SPD with my second child 3 and a half years ago and it's never gone back to normal. I too have had hyper mobility syndrome since I was a child which. can lead to all sorts including SPD and Fibro. I'm 32 with two young children and I too have crutches for when it's unbearable, which is quite often. I've been referred to pain clinic for injections so fingers crossed that works,.

Anyway I feel your pain and you're not alone xx
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia