help with domestic tasks at home

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help with domestic tasks at home

Postby scouseproud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to how to go about getting some sort of help with housework etc. My wife has CFS and I have FM and when we are both having good days we can cope with the housework and just about manage to keep ontop of it. When we are having bad days, however, it is a little more difficult.

We also have a 17 month old little girl who is amazing but obviously creates a lot of extra work. My wife is also pregnant with our 2nd and I am really starting to worry how we are going to cope if I have a massive flareup and her CFS is aggravated by pregnancy.

Neither of us have bothered trying to apply for disability benefits because we have been led to believe that it is more hassle than it's worth and we would not be likely to get anything for all the time and effort it would take.

Is there any other way we could go about getting help with the housework during times of need?
scouseproud
UKFM Member

Re: help with domestic tasks at home

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm

firstly you must apply for disability benefits PIP then contact your local social services and ask for a assessment by a social worker to come and see if you can obtain funding for a support worker to come and help you there are places available with this as I am currently employed with one unfortunately now been diagnosed with fm cannot perform tasks that the job involves.

hope this helps yes its a drawn out process with lots of hassle but use your bad days but ultimately make sure they are aware your child comes first and you have family support for this
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: help with domestic tasks at home

Postby whoami » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

I would think there should be some sort of assistance you can get for help at home. I am not in the UK but I would be surprised if you are not eligible for financial aid.

Take care .
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia