Fibro? Tietze's? Costo?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro? Tietze's? Costo?

Postby Karou » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:10 am

Hiya,

Feeling a bit rubbish and so sorry for myself right now. :needhug:

Saw my GP last week because I couldn't deal with my pain levels anymore. She told me it's a rather bad flare and not surprising with all the stress from my living situation, trying to sort it, financial worries, the appeal and all that. So she increased my duloxetine from 60mg to 80mg and gave me more omeprazole and naproxen. My shoulders and arms seem a tiny bit better.

However, my chest is still hurting very bad. First I thought maybe I have a cyst or maybe it's related to period but it's not the actual breasts that hurt. It's underneath if that makes sense. Both sides near my breastbone are very painful and touching to wash sends sharp pains through me. Same goes for both sides just under my breasts.

I'm a " stomach breather " and didn't notice before but when I let my ribcage expand it started feeling tighter than normal and the areas mentioned above hurt.

Not sure if there is or isn't swelling because examining these sore areas drives me up the wall but I'd say maybe slightly. Should've asked my GP to check. :roll:

Does this sound like Fibro? Or more like costochondritis / Tietze's? Not sure what to do but it seems my immune system is on extended vacation and Fibro is having a party and inviting friends. :cry:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro? Tietze's? Costo?

Postby janet.clare4 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 am

I think you have the same as me and it sounds like costochondritis/tietzes,especially the
Pain in the rib area. The pain you are suffering sounds like muskoskeletel problems too(very, very, very painful when pressed, normally the doc will press with the heel if their hands and my god you'll go thru the roof with it.
I have been back and forward to doc and orthopedics with this pain since 2009 and unfortunately they won't do anything about it.
I do hope you get pain relief soon, keep trying a hot bath whe you have this flare up and see if this helps. Hope you have better days ahead.
janet.clare4
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:20 am

Hi my pain has bin greatly reduced by acupuncture. I was refered by my gp to my local hospital and had it for over a year. It also helped with migraine s too. Worth a try. ((( hugs)))
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:02 am

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Janet, sorry to hear you're not getting enough help with your pain. Is there anything (non medical) that helps with your symptoms of costo? I've not been diagnosed with it so will need to check with my GP to make sure it's nothing else, but till I can get there I'd like to try anything possible to feel better.
You're right, the slightest pressure makes me want to cling to the ceiling with my fingernails like a scared cat.

libbiek, did you have to pay for the acupuncture or can it be done on NHS? I've had ear acupuncture a couple of years ago but that was part of the package that came with me needing to be in a hospital to treat depression and BPD. It did help me back then so maybe worth a try. :-)

Karou
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 am

Ask your GP for a direct referral and if he can't or won't , then ask for an appointment with a Pain clinic, as they can usually access all NHS areas.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks zappa, I wrote it down on my list so I won't forget when I go back.

Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia