hands again!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hands again!

Postby catering2013 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi all
I have read many posts on problems with hands and I just wanted to add my experiences and ask if anyone else has similar
So,I have itching which leaves me with flaky and dry skin on the palms,and often bleeding and very sore.my thumbs and wrists ache .I get tingling and pins and needles when I wake up.sometimes it even feels like my fingernails hurt!! They are very brittle and also ridged.I get little pulsing sensations in hands also and my veins are very prominent.I also have a feeling like itching in my tendons .I have no loss of grip or strength .
Guess I just wanted to see if others had or have similar experiences.
Thanks
catering2013
UKFM Newbie

Re: hands again!

Postby Garyl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm

I have had similar experiences as yours also burning sensation it has been worse lately my skin is also itchy on my hands
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi

Just wanted to say my hand on a morning are treble they are so stiff it unreal. Also my finger next to the thumb on my right hand is permanently rigid from the first knuckle and even the first knuckle is getting stiff. My routine for me on a morning is to be pull up from the laying position and i walk hobbling because my legs are so stiff to the bathroom and soak my hand in HOT water until they start to move them i can start the day.

It bloody awful

Karen xx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby syrena » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

I too have awfull trouble with hands. I have rhumatoid arthritis in my hands also though which affects movement etc. I have lost the strength in my hands and because if circulation problems I now have chilblains on palms, vert sore and itchy. First thing in morning soaking in hot water can be the only way I can get any movement in them and because they're always cold I have Ben known to wear gloves even inside sometimes to keep them warm :(
syrena
UKFM Newbie

Postby Karou » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Yes to all except for the flaky skin. Which I get on my legs. I use bepanthen cream and sometimes when I get sore spots in my nose I dab some on them with a cotton bud. Works great for me. I know it sounds weird as it is nappy rash protection but I once saw this German GP when I went to the out of hours place here and he said over there it's also used for slight injurieslike minor burns, scratches or insect bites. :-)

My hands are always very stiff and swollen when I wake up and my wrists feel like I broke them. Someone here mentioned arthritis gloves / compression gloves and I thought let's try. They really help, my hands are warm and less swollen. I bought a pair with open finger tips so I can still grab things but maybe a closed one would be better for nights because then the last joint would be covered too. There are different models, I bought mine from imak because they look more like normal gloves and are soft.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby catering2013 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm

I get the burning too that was mentioned.not really getting stiffness or swelling,just a throbbing and pulsing and a dull ache.aches into my forearms too at times.
catering2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby Monty99 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Oh yes my hands are absolutely dreadful especially in the morning. They are swollen and can wake me during the night, however I have started to wear mittens to bed and this does help stop them from getting cold. My feet also swell and feel like footballs on the end of my legs so I too hobble to the bathroom. My face also swells up over night and I have trouble speaking upon waking. The joys of fibro… Try a warm shower as soon as you hobble to the bathroom, this will definitely help. I do have pins and needles in my hands after this but the swelling seems less excessive.
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby zelda53 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi everyone,

My hands are currently the worst part of my fibromyalgia. I seem to be able to cope with the exhaustion and general pains, but my hands truly drive me crazy :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1:
They burn , throb, ache and feel like they are swollen to jumbo sausage size but look just fine. They are mostly boiling hot ( people have been know to flinch if I touch them!), but when they get cold it's even worse. The cold hands make me want to cry, they hurt so much :cry:

Also I'm mega clumsy with it , but think that's a combination of pain and tiredness.
So far nothing I've tried has helped, it's just grin and bear it,

Anyway enough self pity, things could be worse,
Take care all,
Louise :grouphug:
Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside - but always looking on the Brightside!!
zelda53
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia