dull ache in mid back

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dull ache in mid back

Postby Wackers34 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi all

for months now I have been experiencing on and off (esp when i dont get much sleep) a toothache type pain in my mid back...its on both sides and at first i thought it was my kidneys...but these are apparantly lower down according to my doctor

I saw her today about this...she thinks it could be gastric reflux or muscular - its just under my ribs at back on each side adjacent with my top of abdomen - where I also get pain

Does anyone else get this?

She has given me baclofen to try and lanzaprazole for gastric problems
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: dull ache in mid back

Postby debbiew3152 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi, yes I get it, I also suffer with acid reflux, it is a horrible pain, sometimes I feel like I have been kicked in that area. I also have a bulging disc in the same area. My GP just said it is either Fibro, reflux or the disc. I do think it is the reflux as I take Gaviscon and it does tend to ease it off
debbiew3152
UKFM Newbie

Postby Wackers34 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

thats good to know - il see if the lanzaprazole makes a difference then...I remember having this before for a few months, then it went...its the worst pain for me

I was hoping it wasnt just part of fibro as that means I have to live with it...if the lanzaprazole doesnt ease it, i will assume its muscular and maybe ask to get it looked at - but then its on both sides...perhaps I have a weak spot there

is yours in the mid back area -adjacent to just below your breast bone?
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:59 pm

hi,

I too get this ache, have ulcer and one of them hernia things (see brain on holiday today) and acid reflux, the pain sits about six inches below my shoulder blade. My gall bladder has been removed and I have some enlarged lymph nodes, which aren't getting bigger or smaller so just being monitored. On a good day, I get a nice numb patch that covers the area like a warm fuzzy blanket, on bad days I try to make a wheat bag sit in the right place to give me pain relief. I have Butrans patches and paracetamol - ulcer took care of any other kind of pain relief, so am sitting here, wheat bag cooling down cos it was in microwave too long, then will try balancing it on cushions so it sits in the right place on my back.

Hope you find pain relief with your tablets
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby Juliereddragon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Does anyone else have constant pain in the tummy area, all over the tummy, low and high up, high up on both sides too, hiatus hernia, and a pushing up feeling in the stomach area? Loads of wind and belching. There is not much relief from it, and I have tried everything I think. I have IBS, but this goes beyond the discomfort of that. This is only one problem I have, which could be associated with Fibromyalgia/CFS.I also get discomfort in the breastbone or sternum, and this area is particularly painful some days. I also get intermittant discomfort in my back, high up in the shoulder blades? Some days worse than others. Sick of going to GP!!!! :crazy:
Juliereddragon
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Juliereddragon wrote:Does anyone else have constant pain in the tummy area, all over the tummy, low and high up, high up on both sides too, hiatus hernia, and a pushing up feeling in the stomach area? Loads of wind and belching. There is not much relief from it, and I have tried everything I think. I have IBS, but this goes beyond the discomfort of that.

Julie, with you asking about tum issues, you might be better off starting off a new topic about it. Doing that should mean you get replies relating to it. Asking questions about an issue that is different to the original topic subject often results in the questions being missed/going unread, or any replies that are made ending up being lost in the replies made to the original poster.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm

loverliesgal

Where are your enlarged lymph nodes? I have these also, in my neck, though I did wonder if it could be a lymph node in my back? Could be an ulcer though, can you get pain in your back from this?
I suppose if its an ulcer then it will go down and the lanzaprazole should help

Its a strange one - i know it is not related to my fibro - its a different pain like ulcer or something...doc just says all part of fibro most of the time
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia