My knee :'(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My knee :'(

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 am

Always the same knee. Always in so much pain. Right now I'm in agony, I want to sleep. I wish I could chop my leg off, but I have pain a lot everywhere else too.

I'm exhausted from the pain and I'm exhausted because I can't sleep.

Just my miserable moaning 2 cents.
Storm
UKFM Member

Re: My knee :'(

Postby shortnsweet54 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:55 am

bless you i know the feeling, i have a pillow to rest my knee on when it really is painful and some gel from the gp which helps. it really is a vicious circle, we need restoraive sleep to help us and ease our pain but never seem to get it.

hope you feel better soon xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 am

I can't use those gel rubs because they seem to always have ibuprofen in, and I can only have ibuprofen in tablet form. In gels, it seems to trigger bad asthma attacks in me.

Maybe I should buy a small soft pillow for my knee. Thanks for the idea, and the well wishes.
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:00 am

Bless you, I feel your pain. I am in a constant state of pillow paddedness at the moment. Under my thighs, knees, elbows and neck.

I think I should have a padded suite and look like a Michelin man ;-).

I hope you get some rest for both your mind and your body.
Positive thoughts going your way, hugs, Lisa. X x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:33 am

Don't know if it would help, but someone with arthritis who prefers natural remedies suggested I try Green Lipped Mussel gel on swollen finger joints. It's very cooling and soothing when it goes on, then heats up a bit. Might be worth trying.?
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:41 am

Arnica gel can also be quite effective on hurty bits.

Even with the natural/alternatives, it's always wise to check with a suitable qualified person that it would be suitable for you to try/use.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shortnsweet54 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

hi Storm

i had fenbid forte which does have ibuprofen in, then i was prescribed Capsaicin/Zacin cream which doesn't have ibuprofen in it's capsicum/plant based.

Have you had your knee checked over in case it's anything else, don't be fobbed off with the "oh it's all down to fibro" if it's not been looked at. The gp did that with me then when a ligament snapped and i had an mri it turned out to be osteo arthritis. I wasn't best pleased i can tell you, just goes to show though !!

I hope you get some relief soon, get a lovely pillow and jiggle it about and get comfy to see if it helps.
Stay safe and warm
Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Louloubelle101 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you're in. I have the same problem with my knee and my hip, which also affects my sleep. I don't know if you have tried any heat on your knee but I find that it can help and also supporting the knee when I'm seated also helps. You could also see about acupuncture as I found it really did help the constant pain in my shoulder (only for about a month). There is also the possibility of aromatherapy helping, like those lavender bags you can pop into the microwave xx
Louloubelle101
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Storm..............I also use ......Arnica Gel....it really helps. It has no ibuprofen.

One of my surgeons suggested it to me. It is the only thing that helps my knees. Check with the chemist to make sure you get one that is 100% Arnica and that you can use it. I never would have thought I would have gotten any relief because nothing had worked for my knees.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Miz3 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi I also suffer with knee pain can barely walk or stand for too long it swells up around the kneecap and behind kneecap. Consultant sent me for mri thinks possibly bakers cyst?? My hips and pelvis cause excruciating pain particularly left side. I'm scared that mri will not show anything or give any answers and the I'll get that look again the one that says it's all in my head. The list of what hurts and where is endless and now I just feel so isolated and alone. I have children and a husband who are all suffering because my illnesses has changed me into a very bitter angry depressed person. I never do anything fun with my kids. My life has changed so much I hate it. I hate the person I've become. I can't talk to anyone. I hate the looks of pity and then the way everyone is just too busy living their own life to spend any time with me. I just feel so alone. So sad. I used to be the main carer and earner now everything is falling apart because I've fallen apart. I feel suicidal and trapped. My gp referred me to psychiatric team that visit at home. My life feels very surreal just going through the motions very tired and exhausted. The reality is no one really understands unless they have it. I now feel like such a burden on everyone that I can't talk to anyone about how I really feel.
Miz3
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 am

Hia

I agrree u should get knee checked with gp hun I did the pain was worse than any pain I had b4 + depends where ur pain is mine was both sides of knee and WOW!!! Could barely walk/sleep esp with the other pains I had ultasound of knee but now need mri asap dr said I have fluid on knee but the knee its self doesn't hurt weird!! I had injection into joint and touch wood no BAD pain at min but no doubt it will b back soon............dr has to out rule other things b4 saying ( without ) checking oh its ur fibro!!! My gp thinks a lot of my knee pain is due to my back and or hips I use volterol 12 hour relief and when I 4get to get script deep heat max strenght good luck and hugs 2all xxx :grouphug:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia