having bad month

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

having bad month

Postby maxinevalentina » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm

I got diagnosed on the 8January 2014 with fibromyalgia after 3 long years of scans tests doctors not believing me everything.
Since then if not felt my self I feel like iv lost everything iv been put on amitriptyline and it's doesn't help at all .
So I'm going bk to the doctors Friday, 3 years ago my life was perfect family that supportive, but now they don't understand iv given them every bit of information I feel like the problem child. I'm usually really happy and bubbly . But now I'm totally different,
Iv been signed off work witch is killing me coz I feel useless . I'm a hairdresser I get so much pain in my hands I can't work .
Every day I'm in pain and I try to do normal stuff but the pain I'm in just makes me cry.
I'm sure it's normal but I want to be the happy me again feel like iv lost her :(
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Re: having bad month

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi sugar, first thing u have to do is give yourself time .get mad sad confused and let it out.then talk to your dr .tell them u need a painkiller and u will have to try maybe a few different combos of pills to find what helps you.learn in time what u can and can't do .little changes can really help u through the day. Some days are crap some not so ,most of us are in pain everyday like u. But u can't let this illness take who u are your still there love your just different .it really does take time to get used to this way of life,I have four children and my elder boy who is 17 just don't like me even talking about it ,like many family's well maybe ppl really if they don't have it then it's not real or not as painful as you look ok most of the time.one good thing is this place u can rant and rave your heart out.and really helps to no your not alone xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby pwinstanley » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:21 am

. You've been through so much and it's really bloody hard. You feel like life kicks you down at every opportunity. You can't cure Fibro but you can start to manage it with the correct help. First of all there is the pain - you need proper pain relief. If the doctor puts you on a pain killers and it doesn't work then you back a week later and tell them. Each week you back until you have the right medicine that works for you. You keep going back! You can ask to be referred to a pain clinic. This helped me. Secondly, you need to sort out your mental health. Most people with Fibro, like me, are prescribed antidepressants like fluoxetine (prozac). They really help because living with a chronic illness and trying to convince people that your terrible pain exists is pretty depressing. They help a lot (takes 2 weeks to start working). Remembering an earlier life is hard. Please know that you are not alone here, you are not mad and you are with people here who believe you and understand. Sending soft hugs to you.
pwinstanley
UKFM Member

having bad month

Postby debsmith » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 am

Hia hun

Awwwwwww sending u a hug 1st its so much to take in at 1st even now realli but I remember some 1 told me this we do grieve,get angry,depressed its so normal so don't beat ur self up hunni its very new and raw give ur self time 4 all to sink in okay,3 years is quite quick so so many lots of years! Me 5-6!

Have u been refered to the pain clinic? If not may b ask 4that? I realli feel 4u as I was in ur shoes last september but everyone on here are so supportive If I didn't know about this website think I'd of gone loon by now!!!

I still work to and its very hard! After I get home and lie on my bed I have to like u + ev1 we wish our old selfs back its not that easy tho this crappy fibro isn't like a cold its here 24/7! Use ur time off to try + get ur head round it all,talk to people on here I am also on anatriptiline but many more aswell I rattle!!! Even with all I'm on it takes edge off I'm still not on right medz takes ages to get the mix right 4u personaly, re: family my mum+dad great and daughter but partner well don't get me started I'd fill up whole page! LOL I don't think tbh any1 can fully understand unless they have it themselfs,could u take sum1 with u to dr,s so doc can explain what its all about? Sending hugs xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you everyone
Iv been through all the emotions possible and I go to my docs loads it doesn't help that my doc has just left so iv got to go though it all with a new doctor thing is I go crying in pain and she don't believe me so she's not given me painkillers.
So iv complained , iv been through docs not believing me I don't need to go through it again . It stressful hate it.
I keep finding more stuff about fibromyalgia .
My hole family are more focused on my dad coz he's got to have s heart valve replacement witch we r all very worried
so I get ignored and the only people I can go to r my mates and there great
Just tired of feeling tired
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:25 pm

Find a dr who does believe u don't give up.you really do need pain killers with this.change dr surgery if u have to ,x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby humphreys » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm

About 12mth ago I went to see my Rhumatologist for a 6mth check up, all he ever said was, How are you, well we'll see you in six month, I got so mad because of all the pain I was in I demanded that he did something about my pain, I ranted and raved at him until he put me on some medication, I think he was scared of me by the end of the clinic. But I DEMANDED something had to be done. You go and see you GP and demand it, don't give up till something is done.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia