Alcohol

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alcohol

Postby Bellatr1x » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Probably been asked before but does anyone suffer worst the morning after the night before???? I drank two small glasses of wine last night over a 5 hour period and oh my goodness do I hurt. I feel like I've been thrown off a rock onto every jagged rock below. I'm cold in pain and exhausted. 2glassez if wine!!! Small ones and I get this??? I'm only in my 20s. Oh well will save a fortune I suppose lol xx
Bellatr1x
UKFM Member

Re: Alcohol

Postby Zeberdi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:15 pm

It does make it worse but the only thing I could suggest besides giving it up is a pre drink dose my alternative therapist told me about.

! banana
1 large dollop of honey
1/2 pint milk

Blend together as a milk shake and drink asap.

It is a great after the event restore drink and beats anything on the market for a hangover BUT if you drink it before it stops it. As long as you like the ingredients it is also a really nice shake for any time to perk you up.

He explained that all the sugars, salts etc that alcohol take out of you are included in this drink. If you put it in your body ready to be absorbed as you are about to take it out they balance, or if taken after, restore the balance.

It may only help a little because it all depends on how your body reacts but I would suggest you try it now if you are still suffering.

I doubt it will be perfect but for those special occasions where you really want to join in it might be an option.
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby Magrat » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi I stopped drinking all together, and my symptoms have got worse!!! :(
Magrat
UKFM Newbie

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:11 pm

No change for me, still drink when I want to with no real change in the effects.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Hey I'm only 21 and find that even the smallest amount of alcohol causes extreme pain. I occassionally enjoy a glass of wine but I just can't have it unless I'm prepared for large amounts of pain the following day...

I haven't got any advice I'm a fraid, just letting you know I'm in the same boat x

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby MikH-D » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:04 pm

I have bad reaction to alcohol to started when I was 20. I totally cut it out and tbh I don't really miss it anymore, mines reaction was within 5 mins shooting pains throughout, headache and nausea

I'm 25 now and mum of 1, have FM and HMS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia