Meds advice needed for pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Meds advice needed for pain

Postby Tigereyes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:40 pm

I went to my docs before Christmas and told him I was in a lot of pain so he gave me codeine which didn't help me with the pain but made me sleepy so much so that when I went out for lunch Christmas day I kept dozing off at the table.

I am going again to my docs next and I want to ask my fibro friends if they have any suggestions of good meds for the pain we all experience, the many different types of pain they we all know about.

I am taking Duloxetine,Diclofenac,Iansoprazole for my stomach and Vesicare for mt weak bladder. Sometimes I also take tablets for IBS and Promethazine hydrochloride to Help??? me sleep.

Advice please, love to you all Rozxx :?: :?: :?: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Re: Meds advice needed for pain

Postby Garyl » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:11 pm

For pain i take zapain 2 tabs 3 times a day was 4 , as doctor put me on combination of pain relief due to sleep issues the combination is 2 500 mg paracetomol and 2 Dihydrocodeine i take these 1 hour before bed, some days they work other days they are not as effective. Hope the suggestion is of help
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm

I have a mix of pain relief - Butrans 10s, Cocodamol 30/500 2 at night, pregabalin and amitryptilene ,is constantly under review, but what works for me, may not work for anyone else.
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby Zeberdi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:08 pm

I wish I could take diclofenac! Asthma - damn it!!

Tramadol aren't bad for me some times and I used paracetamol and codine, topical ibrulieve gel, a tens machine and my most wonderful recent purchase a back brace!!! That dull, intense ache and punding that makes my life so damn hard is eased by the brace and the tens machine. I also use baths with epsom salts, a heat pad and a massage bed. I had an alternative therapist for nearly 20 years who was a wonder. He died four years ago and I have got worse since - I can't afford or find anyone who can do what he could, a combination of massage, aromatherapy and acupuncture.

I take a lot of oudourless garlic on his recomendation to tin my blood, increase circulation, remove toxins, ease inflamation and act as a natural anti biotic.

I am in a simular boat to you - I need more help but have a real issue with Doctors. last ime I booked an appointment I couldn't go because my irritable bowel went into overdrive and I became a nervous wreck. Issues with the treatment I saw when my husband and dad were dying combined with years of being tested and treated like a nuisance mean I just freak out. Not helpful!
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby fibrogirl90 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi i have had fibro for 8 years now. I have been on various medication for my pain. I have asthma and copd as well so cannot take certain meds. Have you been to a pain clinic to review your meds and help you with your pain. I am now on oxycodeine as my main pain med and that has helped me the most. I know its addictive but i could not stand the constant pain no longer. I am also on arcoxia, robaxin and amitryptiline.
fibrogirl90
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tigereyes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you all for your advice.

It seems there are lots of different meds but I hate going to the docs after years going back and forward with one symptom after another, They don't seem to realise how hard it is for us to get to the docs and they always make you wait in those chairs and your body legs etc are screaming out in pain and then you have to walk what seems like miles to their room.

Last time I went I found I couldn't get my words out however much I tried and I sat there like and idiot with nothing coming out. eventually I managed to ask for my sick note and not anything else I want to ask. Sorry this was the time before last. Now I write down what I want to ask in notes at home when my mind is working.
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi,
I'm on butrans patches and amitripylline for pain. I've reacted badly to other painkillers. Nothing takes the pain away unless I'm so doped up that I become zombie like.

there will be suitable pain relief for you but it may take some trial and error.

Good luck!
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Hiya,

I'm on duloxetine ( 80mg evenings) for pain but it's supposed to help with my mood and my bladder calmed down a bit, I'm not waking up needing the loo at night like before. I also take omeprazole 20mg for stomach protection, naproxen and tramadol with paracetamol up to four times a day.
Before my gallbladder was removed I was able to take co codamol but now it'll make me feel like the gallbladder is still there so I avoid them.

bandj, I know what you mean, going through a flare at the moment and unless I'm zombiefied everything still hurts.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Hia hun

I take pregablin 100mg am and 150 pm then 30mg butrans patches, 75mg anatriptiline,co-codimal and recently gp gave me oramorph and I find the oramorph quite good well it is 4me not every body same, ask gp to try u on some until he/she gets the right medz 4u but without pregablin + butrans I would not b able to get out of bed good luck hunni xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia