moaning minnie

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

moaning minnie

Postby bandj » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm sorry but I've been a right moaning minnie today. My poor hubby has been so good and patient with me, despite his own probs.

I am so exhausted and achy. I've had a bad head all day and the noise level at work, for me at least, has been horrendous. I haven't even got the energy to do any beading which helps take my mind off things. I'm not sleeping well and just wish I could wake up pain free and with a bit of energy. The thought of dragging myself into work tomorrow makes my heart plummet.

I feel really low and just want to curl up and shut the world out.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know there's not a lot anyone can do but it's a relief to write down how I'm feeling.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Re: moaning minnie

Postby hecate9 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Bandj, its ok to moan coz we can all understand the way ur feeling. This time of year is difficult for ppl that don't have FM, but with the damp/cold and windy weather I find it even more crippling then normal.
Just try and stay positive and remember the "good" days will come.
Take care xx
hecate9
UKFM Newbie

Postby humphreys » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi bandj. I feel like that a lot of the time, I couldn't sleep at first, I take two paracetamols, citalopram, and a pregabalin at night, when I go to bed I play patients on my phone, 20mins later I'm off to sleep, I sleep like a baby. Could be the job that exhausts me, but I think it's the meds and my patients, it sounds stupid I know, but it works for me.
My job is very demanding, I look after a lady with a brain injury, so when I get home I'm that exhausted I can't even make something to eat sometimes. I don't know which is worst working or staying at home, if I stay at home my Fibro is terrible, but when I'm working it seems to take my mind off things, it's when I get home it hits me. Good luck to you.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby Tigereyes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 pm

I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad day.I think its marvellous that you are able to work, well done and be proud of yourself. I am unable to work!!!! but this is what this forum is for cause we all understand exactly how you feel and we are all here for each other. Sometimes all we need is to talk and have someone to listen who knows how we feel, Just to have a rant, I know I have sometimes early in the morning when I have tried all night to sleep and I was in some much pain. :scream-1: :pull-hair:

When my husband died 4 months ago I found this forum and I was really in a bad way. Talking to my fibro friends and their kindness and
helpful advice really saved me mentally.

My heart goes out to you :hugs: :hugs:

Love Rozxx
Tigereyes
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. I feel a bit better today althou the weather here is awful. But it could be a lot worse. I'm going to have a quiet weekend and take it easy.

hope everyone stays safe
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Zeberdi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:04 pm

I feel a whimp. I don't work and there is just so much in my home that needs doing. I have all the time in the world and none of the ability Sometimes walking around to the loo is a challenge.

It is good to vent and let it out. I applaud what you are capable of - don't knock yourself - there are enough out there who do that for you.
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia