Core Muscle Strain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Core Muscle Strain

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

So I did my physio exercises yesterday as usual and felt great last night. Had pain in my back and legs but it was less severe than usual...

However since I woke up this morning I have been in agony! All of my core muscles feel like they're on fire every time I move! Lats are probably the worst :(

I have physio again Tuesday, seriously hope it's eased up a bit by then!!

Any advice for relieving pain in core muscles? Have tried cold and heat, had my usual pain meds... Nothing...

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Core Muscle Strain

Postby moonstone64 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Tell your physio how bad you have been and ask if they can sort out some pilates exercises for you as they are gentler yet have the same effect that normal physio has.
moonstone64
UKFM Newbie

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

I've been doing the exercises for 9 days and been fine up until now :( But might have to mention it. Definitely want to avoid this is future!!x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Just had a bath and got stuck. Had no strength in my abdominals to get myself up, had to get my partner to help :( It's been a while since that has happened...x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:35 pm

I had to stop Pilates as I could not do a lot of the exercise , to start with I used to go twice a week really did enjoy it , then it suddenly I started to struggle to get up,, when we did the bridge ex then it went to my neck when we had to turn from side to side my neck felt like it was in a vice then it went to my hands so that was that , I then stated to go to circuit training which I found so much better . did things at you own pace we also used to do it to music ( sounds of the 60) the session I went to was for the over 50 and quite a lot had O/A Fibro bad backs , we used to call our class the demic's :lol: :lol:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Have a think back did u do anything that day that might of hurt u.other then physio.it could of been something up to five days before ,my physio told me that years ago .hope u feel better soon xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Hrmm... It was Friday I woke up with the pain so assumed it was the physio from Thursday but now you mention it I did have a particularly long day on Wednesday, I wouldn't so I did anything particularly strenuous but (Im not sure if you saw on the news about the massive sink hole that appeared in Kent?) Well I was stuck in traffic for almost 3 hours because of that... Sitting for a long time usually causes me problems that day but I guess it could have been that...xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 am

You mean the one on the M2 and every car that tried to get towards London seemed to go through villages? A pain in the bum that was - literally for me. We normally make it in just under 1 hour 15 minutes but that day it took us over 4 hours. I was stiff and sore, thought I'd need someone to lift me out of the car. It wouldn't be surprising to me if being stuck in traffic caused the trouble you're going through.

I've got this back support with 2 long plastic strips ( forgot the name), one on each side of the spine. Doesn't do much for my spine problem but I've noticed it does however work for my tummy and supports it so my muscles don't work too hard. I think I'm a bit weird. :crazy: Just thought I'd share.

Hope it calms down soon. :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks karou. Yeah that's the one, I was trying to get from Canterbury to sittingbourne, usually a 30 minute journey Gahh xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia