Food gets stuck :-(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Food gets stuck :-(

Postby Sunflower7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Does anyone else get food stuck in their chest whilst eating? I don't get it all the time but do if I'm eating baguettes. It'll scares me :(
Sunflower7
UKFM Member

Re: Food gets stuck :-(

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Sunflower, I am suggesting you see your Dr. You have mentioned that you take thyroxine and have other symptoms. This all could be related to your thyroid. I am no Dr so can only say I have had the same symptoms as you. I have fibro as well as I take thyroxine.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sunflower7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks, was us the fibro causing your symtoms?
Sunflower7
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 pm

It really is hard to say if it is a fibro symptom or the thyroid. Since my thyroid is gone I don't have the feeling stuck as much, hardly at all.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sunflower7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks for your help
Sunflower7
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 am

sorry to hear about your problem Sunflower there was a thread on this before I think , not sure when ,you might get some answers by looking on that .
From memory quite a few of us posted with similar symptoms of not being able to swallow or feeling of food getting stuck we just had various trigger foods I know mine can be rice or even sometimes water ?

Am amazed about the link with the thyroid Whoami , I also have some thyroid problems but don't think its that serious as I am on very low dose of meds .

As always Sunflower if in doubt or it is new to you please go see your GP as non of us are on here in a medical capacity.

Hugs
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby loverliesgal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi, just read this, I have no thyroid problems but suffer from 'stuck food' (usually dry food, but sometimes other type), and I inhale it so start choking as well. I also have acid reflux at night, and somehow I breathe it in and choke, and the burning pain is excrutiating. Have had cameras down, and the surgeon Mr Burgess suggests that it may be due to diabetes???? The GP says its the Fibro, and presented me with two more prescriptions for different drugs to take to see if it helps! She also took me off my statin. . . 7 days and a report back to her. Lets see if this works!

So in your position, see the GP, and hopefully you will get a referral to a gastro surgeon and hopefully they may come up with a cure. When I am bad, its soup and yoghurt I live on till its settled down, then I try so hard to be normal and eat sandwiches. .
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby siennasbreeze » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:18 am

I too suffer from food becoming jammed in my gullet..I have to have a drink at and to try o wash it down ,but sometimes it doesn't work and nod up vomiting the food back.
It's nasty ...hate the acid in my mouth afterwards to.
I've had a endoscopy ,which came back clear ,so my GP has just given me gaviscon for acid reflux and to,d me to eat soft foods .....basically he's saying stop twining and get on with it ..like most people come across with this condition.

I hope up get sorted out chick..cos it ain't no fun .i now dread meal times!
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia