A simple task...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A simple task...

Postby Itsnotinmyhead » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 am

sorting out the airing cupboard. or so I thought.

Everything fell onto the carpet - yes, it was so untidy that as soon as I opened the door things tumbled out on their own desperate to escape their claustrophobic existence.
Then I sat on the floor and began making sensible piles of towels, duvet covers, pillowcases etc.
And then it happened, every single ounce of energy abandoned me. For all I knew I'd buried it under the linen scattered around me. I felt so poorly. I couldn't get my brain to tell my body to get up because I couldn't find my brain! And I had one of my 'sweaty, breathless, phew, I feel awful' moments to minutes feelings. I don't know what causes them but they are getting more frequent and I don't like them.
But hey ho, they pass which is a plus I suppose. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

Of course the linen eventually got put back in the cupboard. The door closed easily, and when I checked by opening the door, everything stayed on the shelves. Not sure if I achieved tidiness or whether my linen was too scared to misbehave and jumble itself up again.

Most of the rest if the day was taken up trying to remember what I was trying to remember!

Off my food as well, as tummy tender and uncomfortable. And my feet... I really do think they would only be happy if they could walk on water!

Sending lots of :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: and a few :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: and a :grouphug: to everyone.
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
Itsnotinmyhead
UKFM Member

Re: A simple task...

Postby helenfelen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 am

Hi hun - that sounds like a panic attack! i used to have them like that - you suddenly feel like lead and can't move - your breathing gets really shallow and fast and you feel like you're going to throw up or pass out and your eyes go out of focus! last about 3-5 mins and then you just feel a bit breathless and shaky for about 30 mins then you get on with what you were doing! the shock of the contents falling out and possibly the task of sorting probably set it off - if you are getting them a lot i would try to remember or figure what you were doing prior to it starting -anxiety is a large part of fms even if you don't feel 'anxious' per se! the trick i find is to stop and concentrate on your breathing - really concentrate on breathing in and out and it will calm it quicker as it distracts the mind which is where it stems from! hope this helps!!! and well done on the cupboard! i did mine a while ago and it took all day! :bricks: :flowers:
helenfelen
UKFM Member

Re: A simple task...

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 am

I get hot sweats and puff and blow like a steam train then they go.for me it's hormonal I'm sure of that,and no I'm not in the mono just yet so dr tell me,I have other ideas myself hehe.but yes I can be doing something and bang someone pulled the plug and my legs feel like I'm in quicksand,I shake and feel bad,
So fibro joins in with my hormones and has a party I'm not invited to,which sucks as I seem to be the host,and like bad neighbours they seem to do it more and more , :nono: so as Morgan freeman would say ..... Ok think war of the worlds here. Your not alone.hehe
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia