Different coloured monkeys

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Different coloured monkeys

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

So there I am in bed awake sleepy but awake when there they were four small coloured gorillas and a clown on a bike all different colours and cartoon like, well I new I was seeing things then bang tons of colours and toys alsorts in my eyes like floaters for those of u who have them. Thank god they were nice things,I'm on ain't boi for sinus infection and is a side affect but a rare one,and I missed my amitripoline last night ,so maybe it was them ,but they never done that before.now I'm sitting here thinking hmmm maybe I should come off both of them.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Different coloured monkeys

Postby leigh73 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:54 am

I hallucinate at night but not nice things. I'm on amotriptoline too. This happens even when I've took the pills. I'm also on butrans patches too. Going to pain management today so will ask if there's a link with the amotriptoline & hallucinations x
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Sometimes meds can give you hallucinations . Especially if you take a med that contradicts with something you already take. You can also get them if you miss a dose of meds.

One time my patches, Fentanyl, came off and stuck on the towel. I didn't realize it, the towel went into the laundry right away. Hubby noticed I was getting agitated and asked if they needed changing or had I lost them. He checked my back and put new ones on.

Anyway, a few days later I had nightmares and hallucinations for a week. The pharmacist suggested it was the fact that I had gone 24 hrs with no Fentanyl. I was fine after the week. If you keep having them, talk to your Dr.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Karou » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 pm

I agree with pp, asking your doctor should give you answers and maybe they can tellyou how to avoidthis.

I remember when I came off zeldox, I thought it went rather well. Until my back then oh asked what I was doing and I said I needed to open the gate to go into the jungle.
I was in bed, setting a floating gate and pretty jungle growing on the ceiling. :mrgreen:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby danaanglia » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:29 pm

I was on Bu-Trans for a while but it didn't take my pain so I decided to stop and has since been told they wouldn't work on the Fibromyalgia...My gp has given me Citralopram I was on them for a long time but had to keep upping the dose,so I decided only to use them if I dont sleep for 4-5 days but thats just me I am sure other people gets the relief from the medication or patch.
danaanglia
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia