So fed up with feeling weak

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So fed up with feeling weak

Postby chookie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello everyone :-D

Since Christmas I have felt great with a gentle yoga routine.... then since last week I have felt like I'd been run over by a bus :( I've had two mouth ulcers, really itchy scalp, aching all over and generally feeling pants.

I've had the energy to start sewing again, selling off old craft stuff. You know, nothing exactly Sochi Winter Olympics :shock:

I have now got the Spoons thing going on, I can physically do two things a day. Yesterday, I went to town with my daughter and then I sewed a new top. That's it. Nothing else. Had to decline Cafe Church that involves walking half a mile, eating baked potatoes and cake and drinking coffee and talking.

Today? Bit of Uni homework sitting down, that'll be ok and then I'll make dinner and wash up....that'll be the two things done where I'll feel like I have been standing up all day, feet and back on fire and then sit down for the rest of the evening watching Netflix.

I'm 38 with my physical ability of a 90 year old.... who can probably do more than I can :lol: I hate not being like a 'normal' person who can do lots of things and still have time to go running or to the gym or swimming.

WHY CAN'T I :evil:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: So fed up with feeling weak

Postby Hellyn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm

I understanding how you feel, frustrating as it maybe it is what it is.
Fibro being unpredictable is a challenge and I just say....bagger it, it's not happening today and do exactly what 'I' need to do to deal with it.
I don't let it run me I manage it and I certainly don't think I'm giving into it but engaging with where I am at that time.
yeah it hurts, you feel drained and s******* but I kinda figure I'm going to feel achy and s******* anyway no matter what I do and just push through and collapse later, using that time as a carrot or reward for getting on.
Of course somedays nothing happens and I slob right out but don't beat myself up for not being 'normal' this is normal for me! I can only do what it possible for me.
Get some choccy's, wrap up and indulge! and remember your still here!
blessings
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby Kiara » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 pm

I totally understand your frustrations, for all i can do today and most days is nothing, i got up , didn't get dressed as i find this too much for me, i managed to stay up a few hours then had to go back to bed, i've slept on and off all day, but i don't feel refreshed and i just want to sleep. I feel so frustrated as you do. The problem is we can't push ourselves we just have to go with it. Unfortunately this is my life now but i hope for better days and i hope that you find better days too. Embrace the good moments and don't linger on what you can't do . Fibro takes so much of us but it also gives us strength in other ways , we just don't realise it. Take care :-P
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:40 pm

U no my grandma just been put in a nursing home she was still walking up the town till she was 89. Only went to hospital to have my mum. Never been there since.and as much as I love her she been a very hard women to love.and she moans if her toe hurts.so yes life don't make sense , I'm 41 and take two days to get the energy to go to town for a few hours .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm having a massive flare atm resulting from being busy at work and moving house so have pushed myself way too hard and am now paying for it big time.

I hate not being able to do normal everyday things :(
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia