Off meds again

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Off meds again

Postby hazely » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Started taking fluoxetine on friday and had to come off them on tuesday due to side effects. Drs reckon i'm very sensitive as cant take amitriptyline either. Got to wait a couple of weeks for them to get out my system and then go back to try something else.
hazely
UKFM Member

Re: Off meds again

Postby Garyl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:00 am

hazely , i cannot take amitriptyline as it makes me paranoid am making do with pain killers
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am

I am very sensitive but after a couple of weeks side effects usually go. I am on amitriptyline and serterline :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:33 am

I too am sensitive to these medications. I think I am better when I just take the pain killers at least they don't mess with your head.

Nothing seems to help me. The few times I have had to go to hospital and be put to sleep I have also found that anesthetics don't work very well either, as it takes a lot to sedate me and I come round very quickly.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 am

To be honest i don't want to be taking these antidepressants as in not depressed at present but Drs keep going on about them so gave in after six months but sick of side effects so might stick to my guns again. All Drs seem to want to do is force antidepressants down our throats
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Kiara » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:43 pm

My doctor has recently increased my Venlafaxine to 225mg my mood was low but still is flat, however he has explained that certain anti depressants actually help work alongside our pain meds , and i'm not given this medication purely as an anti-depressant. I found that after a week or so my pain has reduced and i am finding it so much easier to cope.
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:19 pm

I take amitrypilline for pain as im really limited to what painkillers I can take as I'm sensitive to meds. I take paracetamol and use morphine patches.

it can be hard to find a med to suit but there's bound to be something that will help, I hope you find it soon.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia