Hmmmm

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hmmmm

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 am

This is abit high brow for me and don't worry il be back to my old thick self tomorrow hehe,but I got to thinking after reading so many posts.
Anyone here think the more sick ppl in this life of ours and ppl setting up sites like this and help groups whatever, the nicer ppl become.i some times think as horrid as this illness is if we all had it maybe we would all be a bit nicer ,as it seems to me sickness of any kind seems to make us so much more humble ,now don't get me wrong for one moment I wouldn't not wish anything on anyone,I just seem to see ppl who have a long term illness seem more relaxed about life and silly thing to fight over we may of if we had been fit.i do I I have made some sence the more I read what I put the more I think eh.xxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Hmmmm

Postby Garyl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:05 am

Agree 100% painprincess, i would like to see Ian ~Duncan smith and Esther McVey have a month of our pains and problems maybe make them more Humane instead of being Inhumane as they are
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby colinthestig » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 am

So true I don't take life for granted and try to make the most of the good days but it's not easy when your family and friends don't understand how you feel
colinthestig
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jeany » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:17 am

Katie Hopkins would be at the top of my list for the person I would like to be humbled and become a much nicer person.

Her attitude is the worst I have ever come across in my whole life, and I would love to see how she would cope with a illness like this and manage on the small amount of benefits available. Maybe she would stop looking down her nose at people then.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby Miz3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I agree and I really hate how demonised programmes are making people on benefits look. It makes me feel worse and so depressed I feel ashamed to be on benefits but I am not well enough to work. I did work for almost 17 years of my life and the last 10 years of that time I was working full time hours contracted 37 often ended up doing 40 hours and paid close to 700 every month towards all my taxes! Now I just get made to feel like some scrounger cos I'm on benefits. politicians and people with the attitude that everyone on benefits are waste of space should get fybromyalgia!
Miz3
UKFM Newbie

Postby bandj » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Having fibro has taught me to be more patient with myself, I still get frustrated sometimes though. I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I do ghink that people can't truly understand unless they have fibro or they are close to someone who has. I think this forum is wonderful though, I don't feel so alone. :-)
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby zelda53 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi,

I agree that having fibro has made me less worried about the silly things.
If I've just missed a bus I'll just wait for the next one without getting all het up about it, but this has come at a price.

I find I am less tolerant of other people, not everyone, just those who seem to think their petty squabbles are SO BIG we've all got to hear about them!! :swear1:
I don't mean to sound like a complete cow :cow-wave: , but some 'friends' are really annoying me. One 'friend' hasn't smiled since Christmas (it seems like!) she says there's nothing wring she's just not feeling it!!!!
Whilst another is whining because she wants to go to Cuba while her hubby wants to go to Mexico!! I'd love any kind of getaway,( Barry Island would do!!). :evil:

Sorry didn't mean to turn into a rant machine, but honestly, being in constant pain and trying to be upbeat about it just gets too much sometimes, and like you said Colinthestig, others don't understand.

Take care all :grouphug:
Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside - but always looking on the Brightside!!
zelda53
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia