I am a zombie today :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am a zombie today :(

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Feel like i am about to drop into a coma :cry: I have recently been diagnosed with FM and put onto Amitriptyline (think thats it). Only on 10 mg and wondering if i need to up it. Been on it for past 4 nights. I still don't sleep well and wake throughout the night like i normally do. Last night was the worst. My body felt exhausted, my eyes hurt from tiredness but my brain wouldnt switch off. Managed to get a little sleep before the morning but not enough. Felt like i was awake most of the night. Feel exhausted this morning and a bit funny inside. Feel a little nauseas too, poss because of lack of sleep. Cant lie in bed today as its sons birthday and we have already had visitors. Also worried if i nap i wont sleep again tonight :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: I am a zombie today :(

Postby pinkwellies » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm

:( when im down cant sleep in chronic pain got a fuzzy head ...i try to think of positive things ....like at least i am awake yes im totally exhausted but im alive ....and the pain i think as soon as the morphine kicks in will ease ...i know its hard when ya heads like a washing machine on fast spin ...just try to keep positive ...gets me through some tough days xx
pinkwellies
UKFM Newbie

Postby Miz3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Big hug to you all! I know that feeling and today and everyday thats how I feel too :-( I notice that the days i take amitryptiline the zombie effects are worse especially if i havent slept very well that night if however the amitryptiline works and i do manage to sleep the zombie like feelings are much less. Is it possible for you to take it around 6/7 ish in the evening to give it plenty time to work in your system so that you can sleep??? I have a young baby so cant take that early in the evening but on days when I warn hubby that I need to take it n it will knock me out i feel reassured that kids are being watched i take it on the really bad days of pain and it helps. but i have noticed it only helps if i have nothing to worry about like looking after the kids n baby. sorry not making sense but hope some of what i have written does help.xx
Miz3
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:54 pm

It can take a couple of weeks to stick with it. I sleep well with it and am on 10mg too.gud luc :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

I take the meds between 7pm and half seven. Last night was half seven as I read taking it after 8pm can leave you drowsy in the morning. I hate this feeling so much :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Happy birthday to your son! It's my son's birthday too!

I was on 10mg of amitrypiline but it didn't do anything for me. I'm now on 30mg and I take it between 5 and 6pm. I'm still really tired and dopey though, I think it's my natural state now! :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks x My son is 10 today :-D how old is yours?
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Kiara » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am

My symptoms are the same as you, and i suffer such pain and stiffness , also my bones hurt so i'm very restless at night, my husband has to help turn me when i am bad like this. My doctor wouldn't give me sleeping tablets so i now take Herbal ones, they are non addictive, don't leave you feeling drowsy and just let you drift off to sleep, i still wake in the night if i need to go to the toilet but i also manage to drop off back to sleep again no problem. They don't affect my other meds and i'm really happy taking them. I don't know if they would suit everyone tho and its best to talk to your doctor again . x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 am

I am happy to say that I actually slept last night! Woohoo! I decided not to take my vitamin D last night as i read online this could cause sleep problems. Anyone else take it?
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 am

10mg is very low but dr always start that way give them time most pills take 6 weeks to really work but I'd maybe ask the dr if they would up them.i take 25mg every night dr want me up to 50.but right now 25suits me,as I seen someone else say on here take it early that way u do t feel so tired in the morning and I seem to sleep better .they do make u dream a lot of wired stuff so don't worry hehe,and they will stop your brain from racing ,i have this nagging old bat in my head who don't shut up unless I have my amitripoline ,she talk s about nothing just to keep me awake,reading this back I now look a complet nutter lol.but I. Sure you know what I mean. :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah, I have a chatterbox in my head too. Drives me nuts :) I am seeing my rheumatologist nurse in three months. I want to give the pill til then but I will have to wait and see. Hoping last night wasnt a one off :)
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Oriole » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:28 pm

10mg is a very low dose, so you might not notice much difference straight away, but it's the sort of thing you have to build up in your system gradually. I would give it a few weeks then see if you can increase to 20mg which should make more of a difference.

I'm on 35mg now. As others have said the earlier in the evening you take it the better, as it's not a 'sleeping pill' that will send you straight off to the land of nod and also it could make you a bit groggy in the morning. I generally sleep much better now, but still get nights where I can't sleep at all and that makes you much more groggy than the tablet itself.

Amitriptaline is meant to also help with fibro pain too, so worth sticking with it for a while.
Oriole
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia