Burning face

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning face

Postby traceywatson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Had enough now with these watery red eyes. My skin underneath is so sore and dry where I keep wiping them. Also pain across face, side of head, burning face, watery eyes, don't even want to lgo out as my face looks terrible. Cheeks feel tight, look like i have cried for a week. Anyone had this?
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Re: Burning face

Postby Minniemum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:03 am

Hi there, I get the watery eyes, where the tears run out on the outside corner can get sore, didn't think it was the FM. But then there are so many symptoms that are linked with it, who knows?

I do know that pain in the side of the face may be trigeminal neuralgia, which is known FM symptom. Best get it checked out by your G.P. iincase you need specific treatment.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Minniemum
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 am

It sounds like an allergic reaction. Perhaps to meds or pollen? I know its winter here but it might still be possible. I had a reaction like that to sulfasalizine. My whole body broke out in a rash and my cheeks were bright red and felt tight and sunburnt. You could try antihistamines while you wait to see the dr x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi tracey

I've had the burning sensation on my face once before and it was because I'd used a different face cream to the one I normally use (I'd ran out of my usual one)

Have you changed any products that you use recently?

Worth being checked by a Dr or pharmacist just in case. I put cold wet face cloths on my face to help cool it down when it happened to me.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia