Candida overgrowth

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Candida overgrowth

Postby gibbo82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

I've just done a test that can be done at home to test for candida overgrowth in the gut, and it's come back positive. I'm just wondering if anyone has suffered from this overgrowth and what they had done to combat it?. Next time I go to see my gp I will ask for the proper test.

Having a yeast overgrowth shares near the same symptoms as fibro so I'm just wondering whether this is the reason for the way I've been feeling all these years!?

I had IBS symptoms start in 2001 way before the physical symptoms of fibro started in 2005, but didn't do anything to help it. so I'm wonder whether this is the key for me! I know this is gonna sound wrong but for the last year I've been having really smelly bowl movements! And after researching the word candida overgrowth keeps popping up
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Candida overgrowth

Postby migrembe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:26 am

IBS can be treated very successfully. If you are on medication for Fibro they could be causing the imbalance in your gut, or any herbal pills as well. I would have a chat with your Dr and see what they think.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 pm

I have a candida infection at the top of my gullet, so I now have regular 2 week courses of anti fungal medicine. I have about a fortnight of being ok, then am back on it. However, the removal of the candida, had not affected my Fibro in any way shape of form. Speak to your GP, they are the best people to speak to first.
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks for your comments :) the only medication I've been on is anti ds. At the moment I don't take anything for the pain apart from paracetamol. I don't wanna get dependant on strong pain killers. Will talk too my gp
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia