contact pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

contact pain

Postby tonydin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

always had this to a degree but know through the roof :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

any time i sit to long , or fall asleep on sette ( very comman now) :lol: :lol: , and when i wake up in bed . any part of me in conntact with any thing ie bum , elbows , hips . knees , hands , feet .is in agony like burning needles going in to the skin and bone , know its part of fibros increased pain sensation , but any one else have this badley

cheers
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Re: contact pain

Postby leegould1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 am

Hi

yeah i have had this for a few years now and its shear agony. Nothing i have tried has ever made it better, hopefully some other people on here could help with this?

sorry i couldn't be much help. IM new on here and hoping to get to know some people in the same boat as myself.

regards

Lee
leegould1
UKFM Newbie

Postby talon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 am

I also have these burning sensation in my legs and hip most nights i wake in pain my hand and feet burn all the time i have just started to use a ice pack for my hand as they get that hot x :(
talon
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 am

Had a terrible time with this about 18 years ago. Caused by diabetic sensory nerve pain, high blood sugars damage the nerve coverings and the nerves go mad transitting signals trying to repair themselves. Even silk nightclothes caused pain on my skin and the slightest breeze of air on my skin was awful. Amityrptiline sorted it, by shutting down the pain levels , but needed the maximum dose. Fortunately it eventually disappeared as I'm no longer allowed amitryptiline.

Also had burning pain which I can only describe like someone using a flamethrower up and down my spine about 5 years ago with fibro. I'm not allowed any of the drugs they prescribe for Fibro so had to deal with this by distracting and overloading my brain on something else so it was too busy to translate the nerve signals because it was otherwise occupied.Just shaking my arms about or kicking my legs about helped distract my brain enough to reduce the pain levels. Honestly it works to an extent that you don't feel the pain so badly..

I also noticed back then, the slightest worry or bit of stress , even watching a thriller film, seemed to kick off this burning pain. have you been having poor quality sleep ,or more stress prior to this starting up ? If so and you can improve this it will definitely help matters. Perhaps ask your GP for a different medication?.

The only positive thing I can really say , is that it will go away at some point, as the nerve eventually exhausts its supply of chemical messengers and can't send the signalscontinually for 24/7.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 am

I had this last night lying on my sides. It made my hips hurt :( My daughter and I accidentally knocked into eachother and my knee hurt a lot more than it probably should have. I only ever get the pain when there is a pressure on certain spots. Like sometimes when the dog leans against the side of my thigh or near my bum if i am sitting sideways. Normal touch like holding hands or cuddling are fine x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby reptigirl12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Yep i have that trouble when i sleep, it wakes me up at all times threw the night it's very frustrating :(
reptigirl12
UKFM Newbie

Postby olwynam1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Yes I wake up several times throughout the night with terrible numb, dull, gnawing, aching pain in my leg and hip. If I'm lucky it's on the side I'm lying on and can turn over but at times it can be the side I'm not lying on which is worse as I then can't turn over as that would be onto the painful side. I also get it when sat or lay on the sofa. It takes a while for the pain to start to ease off too.
olwynam1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia