Does anyone else have this tenderness?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else have this tenderness?

Postby suecam » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 am

I'm getting beyond despair with the pains at the moment, if I could take my hands off I would. My body/skin is so tender that I can't scratch an itch without causing pain, even drying my skin after a shower causes immense discomfort and I'm starting to tear my hair out.
Does anybody else get this uncomfortable and do they have any suggestions to help?
suecam
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else have this tenderness?

Postby MikH-D » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Ye, it's almost like I'm sunburnt all over it comes and goes, been like that for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Yes i do hands feel as though they are on fire again today, getting more regular. Pains easing slightly now pain relief kicking in,
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Iceman13 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Yes i have this tenderness, i have it on my arms and hands as well as my scalp/side of my head....... i'm on a cocktail of medication to try to reduce this and other problems.... :-)
Iceman13
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Me to I get it under the arms very sore there feet legs face now to.i hate it more then I can say.today I feel very rough but I have to go out to get something for dinner.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 pm

I get this on my shoulders and back mainly but somedays it spreads down my arms and legs as well. At the moment it's driving me insane :( x

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 pm

I feel I could chop my hands off too, they have been soooo painfull the last few days and my face is itchy today. Another day it could be my arms or my head or my shoulders or legs and sometimes my feet which is very difficult when I have shoes and socks or boots on. very annoying.
It keeps me awake at night too.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby olwynam1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Yes, I get it all over, including even my eyelids!! Have to sit with my eyes closed as it hurts to blink or keep them open. Every step I take I can feel the judder of putting each foot on the floor going up my legs - very painful. Pressure on the heels of my feet is excructiating at times. I was diagnosed with FM 16 yrs ago, but have had the tender, sore skin since my teenage years (I'm now 49) I am now realising from this forum that it is a symptom of FM and that there are other people also experiencing this. It's quite a revelation to find it's not just me and also confirms just how long I've actually had FM before proper diagnosis.
olwynam1
UKFM Member

Postby kitkat74 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Dear all am reading all your posts.

I get a tender scalp, body has been itching like crazy, does anyone else get tender breasts?? My ears have become itchy inside and keep popping but it's really painful. My feet are painful especially the right foot, knees elbows too. Does anyone find that having blood taken not only hurts but lasts for a few days? I mean your whole arm not just the site where it's taken from.

Is there no end to the problems fibro causes. Everytime I think I'm understanding the condition there's so much more.
kitkat74
UKFM Member

Postby carli34 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:58 pm

I used to think it was just me who felt like this in a way I'm pleased to find out it's not but although allot of the time my skin hurts and feels like it's on fire I suffer really badly with itchy skin to at first I thought it was the meds I was on so I stopped talking all but my anti depressants which I now have in liquid form but the itching is still really bad and I have to take anti histamines daily which help a bit but not 100% :(
So my question is do we all suffer with itching badly or just a few of us etc???
carli34
UKFM Newbie

Postby Magrat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:08 am

i have been burning from head to toe, i want to tear my skin right off. It's been going on for 3 days now, i want a shower but am afraid it will exacerbate it... :shock:
Magrat
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia