jaw pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

jaw pain

Postby Kiara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm

My jaw have been so sore and stiff the past couple of days, i can't open my mouth properly and my jaw has started to click loudly just as my neck does. I'm feeling so fed up with all those new symptoms and having to live each and every day with only my pain and stiffness to look forward to . :cry: Kiara x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Re: jaw pain

Postby janew4071 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm

im exactly the same, dont think there is a part of me that doesnt hurt, eating is so painful :'(
janew4071
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kiara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:54 pm

I empathise with you . Gentle hugs x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm

There is an often associated condition called Temporomandibular (jaw) joint disorder that tags along with FM. This Linky has info about it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby reptigirl12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 pm

I sympathize with you all my face hurts all the time and when i have to eat it hurts to chew, does anyone else have that problem?
reptigirl12
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:33 pm

Get an appointment with your dentist and tell them. They can see if TMJ is the cause and refer you on to a maxiolfacial consultant or fix you with a mouthguard that you have at night to help relax muscles and reduce symptoms
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Kiara » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:30 pm

It would appear that this is also a symptom of Fibro. My thoughts are with you all who suffer as i do . Gentle hugs x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby lil-burkie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 pm

I have been diagnosed with fms and tmj. For the past four days I have had chronic unexplained toothache radiating up to my ear. I have tried naproxen codeine phosphate tramadol paracetamol and even oral morphine to no avail. Cold and heat compresses don't seem to do anything either.... does anyone have any advice please I can't cope with it much longer xx
lil-burkie
UKFM Member

Postby art girl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Yes i get this and the more i think about it the worse it gets because I must tense up, the thing I have found that works for this is meditation and relaxation techniques. You can find guides for this on You tube. It works for me every time so worth a try. Let us all know if it helps.
art girl
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia